Age

Published: 9/1/19

3rd Person's P.O.V

 "AHHH!!! WHAT THE HECK ARE THESE SLIMY BUGS DOING ON MY FACE?! CAN'T YOU JUST WAKE ME UP NORMALLY FOR ONCE IN MY TWO LIVES?! AND HOW THE FUDGE DID YOU GET IN ANYWAYS?! I LOCKED THE FREAKING DOOR LAST NIGHT!" Tsunami probably woke up the whole neighborhood with her shouting, but she had other things to think about.

 Reborn, who was sitting on Tsunami's bed, shrugged casually. "Leon is a great partner in crime, didn't you know?"

 Tsunami immediately looked at the chameleon on his fedora. Leon gave an apologetic look at her and Tsunami sighed. "What I wouldn't give to be woken up peacefully," she muttered to herself.

 "Then perhaps you would like to be woken up like sleeping beauty?" Reborn smirked. "Except you're not a prince, Renato." Reborn hummed, "Then what about a king?" Tsunami grumbled, "More like the king of devils." "What was that, Dame-Tsuna?"

 "N-nothing. Nothing at all. I need some privacy to change, so can you please get out of my room now?" Tsunami asked.

 "There's a bathroom in your room," Reborn pointed out. "That's not the point. Just get out," she insisted. "Fine, fine. I'll be downstairs with Takeshi at the table," Reborn informed. "Hai~"

----------

 The three of them were finishing up breakfast when Takeshi had a sudden thought. "Tsuna-" after a moment of hesitation, he added, "-mi." Tsunami raised a brow, wondering why Takeshi started calling her by her name in this world. "Yes? Is something wrong, Takeshi?"

 "Nothing much. I just wanted to ask how old are you in this world," Takeshi said. "Oh, that. I'm turning 15 soon." Reborn did the math. "So your mental age would be 39 years old."

 "I guess. What about you two? I know that Byakuran's the one who transported you here. I'm sure he gave you two a younger and healthier body than how it actually is." Takeshi laughed, "And here I thought you wouldn't notice. But yeah, Byakuran did give us a new body. Well, not exactly a new body. More like he just renewed it. Anyways, I'm pretty sure I'm around your age. At  least, I think I'm close to your age."

 "I see... And you, Renato?"

 "I'm probably somewhere in between 25 and 33," he answered.

 "Ehhh? But you look much younger than that, like you're still a teen. No fair," Tsunami complained.

 Reborn smirked, "Jealous I look younger than you were in your past life?"

 "Shut up. Forget I said anything," Tsunami huffed. "So, what are you two planning to do when I start going to school?"

 "Isn't it obvious?" Reborn asked rhetorically.

 "Eh?" Tsunami looked at him in confusion.

  Takeshi grinned, "Obviously, I'll be going to school with you, and the kid can be a teacher at the school or something."

 "Of course," Tsunami muttered, "what was I expecting? I should have known better."

 "Hey Takeshi," Reborn called.

 "Hm?"

 "Shouldn't you stop calling me a kid now? I'm not in that cursed infant body anymore, and I'm older than you," Reborn stated.

 Takeshi blinked, "Ah, that's true. Sorry, I guess it became a habit. So what do you want me to call you? Reborn? Renato?"

 "Reborn will do. I didn't and won't allow anyone, not even Luce, Aria, or Yuni to call me by my real name. Tsuna is the- no, my one and only sky that I will make an exception for."

 "That's nice. However, I think I will have make a correction in your sentence," Takeshi's eyes narrowed a bit. "Tsuna isn't yours only. He's also mine and everyone else's friend, brother and sky. Don't think that you can have him all to yourself, Reborn."

 Reborn chuckled as he held his hands up. "Well said, Takeshi."

 Tsunami frowned, "Mou~ You two shouldn't be fighting over something like this. Both of you are already grown adults now, aren't you?"

 "Haha, sorry, I couldn't help it." Takeshi rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly as he apologized.

 "What can I say? You're just that important to us," Reborn rested his chin on his hand as he observed Tsunami in amusement.

 Tsunami didn't know how to answer, so she just gave a small smile and took their empty plates in the kitchen to wash it. After she was done, she walked back to the table, wiping her hands.

 "Today is August XX, a Saturday, right? School should be starting in about a week. The school should be open in a few days. Do you want to go with me to school then and enroll as a student? Or in Renato's case, a teacher."

 "Sure! Sounds fun!" Takeshi agreed immediately.

 Reborn shrugged, "Why not."

 Tsunami smiled, "Ja, we'll go together on next Monday, 'kay?"

 "Okay!"

 'Though knowing Byakuran, I'm willing to bet that he will send over all my past life's guardians. Guess I'll have to see how many of them will show up before we go.' She gave an inaudible sigh at the thought of filling out the papers for her ex-guardians to go to school.

 "What are we going to do until then?" Takeshi curiously asked.

 "Erm... Ah! Why don't I show you around town? America is different from Japan and all. Oh, and speaking of Japan, I forgot to tell you that Namimori doesn't exist here in this world."

 "Really? Guess we have a lot to learn about this world," Reborn said.

 Tsunami smirked, "I'm going to be your tutor this time, Renato. Karma sure is sweet."

 Reborn smirked as well. "We'll see about that, Dame-Tsuna. In the meanwhile, let's stroll around town."

 Takeshi agreed, "Yeah! Who knows what we can find."

 Judging by the look on Takeshi's face, Tsunami had a feeling that the 'what', was supposed to be a 'who'. 'Please don't let me find 'them' making a mess in town when we're there,' she prayed, hoping Byakuran would somehow hear her.

 Oh, little did she know.