Basketball

Published: 3/8/20

3rd Person's P.O.V

 Once Tsunami and the guardians were out of school, they headed for the basketball court. During lunch, Reborn told them to go there after school for a game. On the way, Tsunami was complaining about everything that Reborn had made her do on his birthday.

 "Seriously, that Reborn. Just because Skull dropped some cake onto his face, that doesn't mean that he should take out his anger on me!" Tsunami sighed in exasperation. "Making me bring him everything he wanted, attending to his every need. Just what am I to him, a servant?!"

 "Um, not to be rude, but I think he sees you more like a toy," Chrome shot an arrow into Tsunami's heart.

 "That's even worse!" Tsunami exclaimed.

 When Tsunami and the others turned around the corner of the block to the basketball court, they met the ex-arcobaleno. Tsunami jumped back, a bit startled by their sudden appearance.

 "What are you guys doing here?"

 "I called them here. You said you wanted to play basketball with everyone."

 Tsunami turned around to look at Reborn, jumping again. "B-but against them?! We'll lose in no time!"

 "What are you EXTREMELY talking about?! Be a man and don't wimp out now!" Ryohei pumped a fist into the air when he heard what Tsunami said.

 Takeshi placed a hand on Tsunami's shoulder and laughed. "It's fine, we'll figure it out together."

 Hayato declared, "It's alright, Tsunami! With my calculations, I'm sure we can win this!"

 "I challenge you then." Verde stepped forward.

 "Challenge accepted!" Hayato started mumbling about some calculations and formulas.

 Smiling fondly at her friends, Tsunami walked to the court a bit more confident than before.

 "Kufufu, you guys finally arrived. Everyone was getting bored waiting."

 Tsunami smiled apologetically before she set down her stuff and stretched a bit. The others followed her example.

 When Fon, Verde, Lal, Viper, and Skull stepped onto the court in position, everyone stared at them, stunned. It was the first time that they saw the ex-arcobalenos dress in casual clothes rather than their unusual clothes. Viper, of course, still had a hood to cover their face.

 Hayato, Tsunami, Chrome, Mukuro, and Kyoya also got on the court, ready to play. With Reborn as the referee, the game began.

 (Warning: I don't know the exact rules and positions of basketball, so this game will probably be inaccurate. Also, have I mentioned that I suck at describing?)

 The ex-arcobalenos were the ones who got the ball first. Lal dribbled it and ran towards the net before Hayato blocked her way and she was forced to pass it to Fon. Then Fon started running, but Kyoya immediately got in his way. Fon smiled at Kyoya and seemed to get serious as he jumped up and threw the ball towards the basket.

 Not wanting to lose, Kyoya jumped as well, his hand touching the basketball. The basketball then slowly started to make its way to Verde, who was anticipating it. But Hayato swiftly appeared and stole the ball, running towards the other end of the court.

 However, Skull abruptly popped up in front of Hayato, trying to block him. Hayato halted, thinking about his next move when Lal came and 'accidently' knocked Skull out of the way. When Skull turned to look at Reborn, Reborn acted like he didn't see anything, which made Skull cry out in anger.

 Viper then showed up next to Lal, and Mukuro stood next to Hayato.

 "Kufufu, that ex-arcobaleno can really move."

 "Tch. You're just too slow. Anyway, just don't let them steal it."

 "You have no right to order me around."

 Mukuro ran closer to the net, paying close attention to the ball. Hayato took a breath and quickly passed the basketball to where Chrome was waiting quietly. Chrome caught it, and began running until she was close to Tsunami, who was close enough to make a basket. As soon as Tsunami got a hold on it, she shot the ball up, but it was grazed by Fon, which made the basketball fall out of the hoop.

 Viper took this chance to take the ball, throwing it all the way to Verde that was on the other side of the court. Tsunami cursed all the adults' heights and strength as she sprinted full speed to Verde. Panting, Tsunami stood in front of Verde, intending to get the ball.

 As they stood there, Hayato, Kyoya, and Lal arrived. Verde made a small step sideways, and Hayato immediately imitated his move. When Verde stepped back to shoot, Hayato crouched, getting ready to jump to interfere. Surprising Hayato, Verde jumped, but he didn't release the ball. Verde tried to pass the ball to Lal, but Kyoya snatched the ball away just before it could reach Lal.

 Scowling, Kyoya turned and jumped with the ball, passing it all the way to Mukuro. Mukuro smirked and dunked it into the hoop, while giving Kyoya a smug look the whole time.

 They all kept playing until Reborn blew the whistle. The score was 77 to 74, which was the ex-arcobaleno's win. Everyone was breathing heavily by the time the game ended, all of them taking a seat at the nearby bench.

 "Nice game," Takeshi smiled, handing a water bottle to Tsunami and Chrome.

 "Thanks," Tsunami smiled back.

 Chrome nodded tiredly, accepting the water bottle gratefully.

 "Alrighty! Next up is me vs. Reborn, kora!" Colonnello shouted in excitement.

 "Pay more attention or else you're going to get your a** handed to you again," Lal smirked.

 "Hey! That only happened-"

 "Around 15 times," Fon smiled.

 "I'll bet that Reborn will win again. Anyone want to place your bets?"

 "It's obvious that Reborn will win this. I don't even need to calculate it."

 "H-hey, kora! Stop ganging up on me!"

Skull pointed a finger at Colonnello, laughing, "Now you finally how it feels-"

 "Be quiet, Lackey! You didn't even do anything to help in the last game, kora!"

 "That's not my-"

 "Oi Colonnello," Reborn called.

 "What is it?"

 "Let's make a deal. Whoever wins will get to order the loser around for a day. Best out of three."

 Grinning, a spark was lit in Colonnello. "Sounds interesting. You're on, kora!"