Game Start

Published: 7/5/20

3rd Person's P.O.V

"Lambo, wake up." Tsunami shook Lambo repeatedly, but to no avail.

After a few more moments of shaking the boy, she gave up and told, "I didn't want to use the Vongola Style Wakeup Call, you know. Well, I guess I'll just tone it down."

Tsunami pulled the pillow from under Lambo's head and elbowed it into his face. She then threw the blanket off of him, making Lambo curl up instinctively.

Tsunami waited for a few seconds before she got a reaction out of Lambo. After a few muffled yells and some furious taps on her arm, she finally let him breath.

Lambo gasped as he sat up. "I could have died from suffocation," he whined.

"But you didn't."

"But I could have," he emphasized.

"But you didn't," Tsunami repeated. "Anyway, what are you doing in my room?"

"Talking to you."

"That's not what I meant. Let me rephrase that. Why are you in my bed — topless?"

"Huh? Are you telling me you don't remember anything?" Lambo asked as he stared at Tsunami intently.

Tsunami furrowed her eyebrows. "What are you talking about?"

"You seriously don't remember what happened last night?"

"Last night? From what I recall, nothing important happened."

"Hmm, that's weird." Lambo stood up and placed a hand on Tsunami's forehead. "Well, you don't have a fever."

"Lambo, what are you talking about?"

Lambo pulled his hand away from Tsunami's forehead and shrugged. "Well if you can't remember, then you can't remember. It's a shame, but I guess it can't be helped. Though I have to say..." Lambo leaned forward to whisper into her ear. "...you looked quite cute when you were in bed."

Tsunami's hand twitched. "...Excuse me?"

Lambo huffed in disappointment when he didn't get the reaction he wanted and patted Tsunami's head. "I was joking earlier, so don't take me seriously. Like you said, nothing important happened. I only snuck in here last night and slept with you."

He lifted his hand from Tsunami and ran it through his hair. "Anyway, I should be getting ready for school now. I'll see you downstairs." He waved lazily before walking out the room.

Tsunami remained where she was and stared dumbly into space. "He said he was joking, but why would he say those sentences with double meanings in the first place?

"Tsunami?" Chrome peeked inside the room.

"Ah, Chrome." Tsunami paused her thinking about what Lambo said and looked at the door. "Is there anything you need?"

Chrome stepped inside the room, "Um, I just wanted to tell you that breakfast is ready."

"Oh, it is? Who made it?"

"About that..." Chrome looked down at her feet. "It... was Dino."

Tsunami paled, and Chrome quickly added, "But don't worry, Romario was there watching him."

"Well, I suppose I should at least be glad he didn't burn the house down," she chuckled. "Though I'm not sure about the food."

"I think it's edible," Chrome softly said.

After a few moments debating with herself whether she should make a move, Chrome hesitantly called out. "Um, Tsunami?"

"Yes?" Tsunami looked up at Chrome and found her twiddling her fingers.

"S-sorry for doing this in advance."

Before Tsunami could register what she said, Chrome had already leaned down and pecked her cheek before quickly pulling back. As Chrome offered some more apologies, Tsunami numbly touched her cheek and stared at the girl, who looked back at her with an expectant look.

Awkward minutes passed before Chrome buried her face in her hands. "I-I'm so sorry, I really shouldn't have done that without your permission."

Realizing that her silence was making it worse, Tsunami stood up and brought Chrome's hands down.

"It's fine, really. I was just taken by surprise, that's all. But why did you decide to- Oh." Now she understood. It was the same reason why Lambo had said those things as well.

"This was for that game that Reborn talked about last night, wasn't it? That's why you did that. That explains it."

Chrome nodded and was about to mutter another apology again when someone knocked on the door frame.

"Kufufu, everyone has been wondering what you two were up to. You'll be late for school at this rate, you know."

"Right, school. I need to get ready. Sorry, but can you two go out?"

Chrome simply nodded and walked out while Mukuro lingered a little.

"Do you need something?" Tsunami asked when she saw that Mukuro wasn't leaving.

"Fufu, nothing much." Mukuro got closer to Tsunami and tilted her head up to look at him. "I just your body, that's all.."

Tsunami sighed and gently pushed him away. "If there's nothing else, then you may leave now."

Mukuro only chuckled again when he left. Closing the door behind him, he found Chrome waiting for him outside.

"Any luck?" she asked.

"Nope. She's going to be a tough one. But that's what makes her so interesting," he smirked.