Amusement Park (Part 2)

Published: 5/10/20

3rd Person's P.O.V

"Come on, don't be so tense. Just relax and eat. It's not like I'm a threat or anything. I'm still your uncle."

Tsunami obliged, but she was still wary of her uncle. "You still haven't told me who you were, Uncle."

"I'll tell you later," her uncle dismissed.

Tsunami frowned, "You realize that my friends have been observing us, right?"

Her uncle raised a brow, "Was that supposed to be a threat? But no, I wasn't aware. Though I'm not surprised."

Tsunami finished her food and threw her trash away, her uncle following suit. "Well, I'm sure you already know this, but neither my friends nor I have a lot of trust in you right now. So don't do anything foolish."

Tsunami's uncle hummed and nodded in understanding.

Tsunami sighed, "I'd like to think that you're still my uncle and won't put me in danger, so let's go on a few more rides before I get my answers."

Her uncle whined playfully, "I'm hurt, Tsunami. I really didn't have any other intention than to just spend some time with you." He then asked, "Anyway, do you want to go on that Bumper Cars ride?"

Tsunami stared at her uncle. "Isn't that a bit childish?"

"I know, I know. But it could be fun."

Tsunami sighed in defeat, "Might as well get this over with."

When they both arrived at the ride, they climbed into two separate cars.

"Why don't we make this a bit more interesting?" Tsunami's uncle asked.

"How?"

"How about this, whoever gets hit the most has to buy cotton candy," he offered.

"Hmm, sure, why not."

- - - - - - - - - -

"Nice, I won. You're buying the cotton candy later," Tsunami grinned.

"Yes, Your Majesty," her uncle gave a mock bow. "Alrighty! Let's ride the teacups next!"

"That gives me bad memories..."

"Haha, you were fine with the bumper cars, which was worse than the teacups."

"True..."

- - - - - - - - - -

"Did you really have to go all out?" Tsunami whined as she took a moment to make her head stop spinning.

"Where's the fun if we don't?" her uncle asked back.

Tsunami whispered, "Why is everyone becoming sadists?"

Her uncle laughed, "You're not any better, Tsunami."

Tsunami huffed and looked away when she dare something. "Ah, Uncle, can we go on that Yo-Yo ride?"

"Sure!"

The two of them got in line for the ride.

"Why did you wanna ride this? Missed flying?"

"You could say that," Tsunami hummed. "But also curious."

- - - - - - - - - -

"That wasn't half bad," Tsunami smiled.

"Then what about that drop tower?" Tsunami's uncle pointed in a direction.

"Hmm?" Tsunami turned to where her uncle was pointing and froze. "Nope. Nope, nope, nope. I'm not riding that."

"Aww, but it'll be fun! It's just like falling from the sky!"

"What part of 'falling from the sky', is fun?!" Tsunami asked.

Her uncle smirked, "You'll see."

- - - - - - - - - -

"Let me go, Takeshi!" Hayato growled. "There's no way I'm letting Tsunami go on that!"

"Maa, maa. She's going to be fine, have some faith in her, won't ya?"

"Oooh, I also wanna go on that!" Lambo pointed at the drop tower.

"Ahoushi! We're here to watch over Tsunami, not play!"

"We can play while watching her, Bakadera!" Lambo childishly said.

- - - - - - - - - -

"As much as that made my heart leap out, it was... enjoyable," Tsunami said.

"Then would you want to ride that again?"

"I'm good," Tsunami immediately said, causing her uncle to chuckle.

"Say, are we done yet? It's getting pretty late, and I really want my answers," Tsunami said.

"One more ride and we'll be done," her uncle replied.

"Which one is it?"

Her uncle smiled, "The Ferris Wheel, where the confessions are made in books and stories."

"How cliche."