Plans

Published: 1/26/20

3rd Person's P.O.V

 "Tsuna, Pass!"

 Tsunami glanced at her right and quickly passed the basketball to Takeshi. Hayato, who was running after Tsunami, grumbled a curse and redirected himself. He reached for the basketball in Takeshi's hands, but he was a little too slow. Takeshi jumped and got ready to throw the ball.

 Takeshi let go of the ball, and Ryohei suddenly appeared in front of him. Ryohei jumped as high as he could, trying to at least graze the ball. But, it was too late. Holding their breaths, they all looked at the ball. It rolled around the hoop a couple seconds before falling through.

 *tweet* *tweet*

 Reborn blew the whistle, indicating that the match had come to an end. "Blue team won," he announced, pointing at Tsunami and Takeshi.

 "Tch. You were just lucky," Hayato frowned at Takeshi.

 "Haha, whatever helps you sleep at night."

 Hayato ignored Takeshi's last comment and turned to Ryohei, yelling. "And you! What were you doing, Turf Top?! You were supposed to guard Baseball Freak! This wouldn't have happened if you were doing what you were told to do!"

 Ryohei shouted back, "It wasn't extremely my fault, Octopus Head! Besides, it was only a friendly game. Nothing to get worked up over."

 Tsunami stepped in, attempting to settle the argument without making it worse. "Ryohei is right, this isn't that important to get upset over. It's getting late, so let's all go home."

 They all grabbed their belongings and started to walk home.

 "It feels good to have a match against you guys after a while. Next time, I hope everyone can be there to have fun with us. Lambo will be lazy, but I'm sure I can convince him. I wonder how can I get Mukuro and Kyoya to join... "

 "If you want, I could pull a few strings for you," Reborn offered. Tsunami stopped in her tracks. She looked at Reborn skeptically. "What for? There's nothing for you to gain. Unless, of course, you're thinking about using this to your advantage somehow."

 Reborn smirked, "You sure catch on fast." 'Though it's more of an opportunity for me. 'They' should be arriving soon. And when 'they' do, it'll be quite chaotic. The perfect chance for me.' "So? How about it?" he asked.

 Tsunami really didn't like the look on Reborn's face, but she figured that if she wanted all of them to play together, then she should take his offer. "Alright," Tsunami agreed hesitantly. "I'll let you take care of this, then. But you can't threaten them into doing it, okay?"

 Reborn tugged his fedora down. "Of course."

----------

 "Ahhh, the weekend is finally here," Tsunami sighed as she entered her house. She took off her shoes and dropped her bag on a chair by the table. She strolled to the kitchen to get a look at the calendar. Scanning the calendar, she pinpointed the date of Reborn's birthday. Eyes almost dropping out, Tsunami silently screamed.

 It was two days away. Tsunami ruffled her hair, wondering what she could do for his birthday. Maybe she could make him his favorite coffee? But, knowing Reborn, he probably would expect more than just that. Unable to think of anything else, Tsunami decided to confront her guardians later. Ask Reborn himself, if necessary.

 Stretching, Tsunami walked to where she left her bag. Knowing that she would be reluctant to do it over the weekend, she took out her assignments and began working. Tsunami was so absorbed into her work, she didn't notice the time passing.

 When she was almost done, her first instinct was to look for her guardians. When she didn't see any of them downstairs, she stared at the clock.

 8pm. Realization dawned on her. Her guardians must be all in their rooms right now, or doing their own stuff. When Tsunami looked at the table in front of her, a plate was sitting in front of her, wrapped in plastic foil. Staring at her dinner, her stomach growled. She dragged the plate towards her, and found a little note sticking out.

 Dame-Tsuna,

 Tsunami immediately knew that it was Reborn who made the meal.

 You were so into your work that you didn't answer when we called you. I wish you worked as hard as that when it was paperwork in front of you. Anyway, be grateful that your guardians were worried about you skipping dinner. Worried enough to have me cook something for you, apparently. They could have done it themselves, but even they know that their cooking is terrible. Of course, this meal isn't for free. I will be expecting an espresso tomorrow morning.

 -World's Greatest Hitman

 Tsunami scoffed at the closing. Would he still be the greatest hitman even in a different world? 'No, there must be a parallel world where I am the number one hitman.' Holding onto that hope, Tsunami began eating her dinner.

----------

 "Oi, time to wake up, kora!"