Amusement Park

Published: 5/3/20

3rd Person's P.O.V

 "Uncle, is that a cake?" Tsunami asked, brimming with excitement.

 "Yep."

 "Flavor?"

 "Your favorite."

 "Nice," Tsunami grinned. "What's the occasion?"

 "Your birthday."

 "I told you that you didn't need to get me anything, didn't I?"

 "I know, I know. Well, I already bought it, so let's just eat it. Besides, you know you can't resist cake." Her uncle winked at her, ushering her to sit at the table.

 Tsunami's uncle cut the cake into pieces and passed them around. After everyone received a slice, he took a seat at the table.

 "So," he smiled, "since it'll be Sunday tomorrow, why don't we go to an amusement park?"

 "Huh? Why all of a sudden?"

 "Just to spend time with you. From what I remember, I don't recall ever taking you there before. So I thought maybe we'd try it out."

 "Um, I don't think-"

 "Great! We'll leave around 11am and have lunch at the amusement park."

 With her uncle smiling so happily, Tsunami didn't have the heart to reject his offer.

 "Got it," she mumbled.

 "Alright then. I'm going to sleep early today. Can you clean up that for me?" Tsunami's uncle nodded at the cake and plates.

 "Mm, sure. Good night," Tsunami answered.

 As soon as Tsunami's uncle entered his room, Tsunami turned to her friends.

 "Don't you dare follow us," she warned.

 "Congrats, you seem like you're getting smarter, seeing as you already know of my plans," Reborn smirked.

 "I'm being serious here," Tsunami sighed in exasperation.

 "It's not like we're going to ruin your time together or anything."

 "..."

- - - - - - - - - -

 "We're finally here! So, do you have any requests for our first ride?"

 "Not particularly..."

 "Hmm, then how about we try the roller coaster for your first ride?"

 "E-Eh?"

 "Come on, let's go!" Tsunami's uncle grabbed Tsunami's wrist and pulled her along with him.

 'Somehow, he seems a bit more childish than me?'

 They reached the line for the roller coaster and waited for a while.

 "Erm Uncle... Have I ever mentioned that heights aren't exactly my thing?"

 "Nope! Oh look, it's our turn. Where do you want to sit?"

 Tsunami decided that the middle section looked the safest compared to the rest, so that's where they sat.

 "Enjoy your ride!"

 Tsunami could feel herself getting nervous as the train slowly made its way to the top. Gulping, Tsunami tightened her grip on the bar in front of her. The train paused, and Tsunami got ready to scream her lungs out.

- - - - - - - - - -

 "That wasn't as bad as I expected... Though it was still scary."

 "Haha, right?" They both climbed out of their cart.

 "What are we doing next?"

 "Let's ride the Pirate Ship! It was always one of my favorite rides."

 "At least it doesn't look that bad," Tsunami observed.

 "It's not," Tsunami's uncle said.

 They walked towards the ride.

 "This... is bigger than it seemed from far away."

 Tsunami's uncle laughed, "You'll be fine. Now come on." He and Tsunami got in the back row of the ship.

 "Hey... isn't the back the part where it reaches the highest point?"

 "Yep!"

 "Uh, I mentioned the height problem, right?"

 "Just think of this as a giant swing!"

 Tsunami sighed quietly, "I guess that somehow helps."

- - - - - - - - - -

 "I see why you would like that," Tsunami said.

 "Wasn't it fun?" her uncle asked.

 "Yeah."

 "I got to pick the first two rides, so you can choose where we're going next."

 "Hmm... How about the carousel? I kinda want to just ride something not so um, exciting?"

 Her uncle chuckled, "I get you. The carousel sounds great."

 The two of them waited in the line until it was their turn. Tsunami climbed onto the nearest horse near her, and her uncle sat on a horse that was next to hers.

 "You know," Tsunami's uncle began, "most kids would usually spend minutes trying to find the most beautiful horse or something to ride. But you just picked the one nearest to you, not minding the decoration, looks, and all that."

 "First of all, I'm not so young that I would still do something like that. Second, does it really matter? I mean, everything and everyone is unique in some type of way. I don't like to pick something just from their looks. They could be really nice for all you know, but have a scary face."

 Her uncle hummed, "I see, I see... The answer was as expected of a sky."

 Tsunami stared at her uncle with shock. "...What?"

-

So uh, lemme just say something. I know that Tsunami and the others are supposed to be in the "real world" and all, but in the end, this is still a fanfiction. So not everything will always have a logical reasoning to it.