Truth

Published: 5/31/20

3rd Person's P.O.V

 "Kyoya!" Tsunami whirled around in surprise.

 "Now," Kyoya growled, "what are you three doing here?"

 "Kufufu, a little fly dared to ask our sky out," Mukuro laughed, but he was not amused.

 "Is that so," Kyoya narrowed his eyes at the boy.

 The boy trembled, "I-I was only-"

 "-following what your friends said, is that right?" Reborn stepped in.

 The boy's eyes widened in surprise. "How did you-"

 "I saw you. You lost a bet to your friends, and they made you 'confess' to Tsunami."

 "Is that true?" Both Kyoya and Mukuro asked the boy in sync.

 The boy gulped, frozen in place as his gaze repeatedly flickered between the two.

 Reborn sighed, "Tsunami, head in the classroom for now. We'll... have a little talk with him and his friends."

 Tsunami hesitated before heading in. "Don't traumatize them," she warned as she threw one last look over her shoulder.

 "No promises."

- - - - - - - - - -

 "Byakuran," Tsunami called during lunch. All her guardians besides Lambo were there with her as well.

 "Tsu-chan!" Byakuran grinned at the group. "Aw, did you all wait for me?"

 "I'm surprised you actually showed up," Hayato grumbled as Takeshi laughed.

 "Of course I did," Byakuran pouted. "Wouldn't want Tsu-chan getting angrier at me after all."

 "I'm angry enough that I won't be able to get any angrier."

 "Sorry," Byakuran muttered. His grin fell as he got serious. "You wanted to know what I told your uncle, correct?"

 Tsunami nodded while everyone else looked puzzled.

 Byakuran sighed, "I'm not sure how to say this without worrying you, so I'll just get straight to the point." He bit his bottom lip before staring right at Tsunami in the eye. "I'm dying."

 Some of the guardians gasped softly, while others observed Byakuran.

 "Since when," Tsunami demanded.

 "...before I met you in this world."

 Tsunami inhaled deeply. "Details."

 Byakuran opened and closed his mouth before answering.

 "All of my parallel selves are dying. Slowly, one by one, they've been disappearing without a trace." This earned him some worried glances.

 "I don't know why, I don't know how. Right now I'm one of the only ones left. So I thought, if I was going to die sooner or later, why not just make the best of my time?"

 Tsunami shook with anger. "You call wasting your powers for someone like me making the best of your time?!"

 At this, Byakuran glared at Tsunami and raised his voice slightly. "I'm not wasting my powers, Tsunayoshi-kun. And don't you dare say "for someone like me" when you know exactly how much you mean to me."

 Tsunami gritted her teeth. "You could be spending this time with your famiglia right now," she whispered, feeling helpless and guilty.

 Byakuran's looks softened as his voice was lowered. "I could, but what about your family?" He paused. "Tsu-chan... Tsu-chan, you looked so... so lonely."

 Tsunami flinched, which didn't go unnoticed at all. "I would've been fine," she muttered.

 Byakuran approached Tsunami and hugged her. "You would've been fine, but still lonely."

 Then, Byakuran took this chance to quickly peck Tsunami's cheek. He grinned cheekily as he stepped back.

 "Now, don't think about it too much and just enjoy this while you can, alright? I'll be taking my leave then."

 Byakuran waved and skipped away, giggling at the frozen guardians' faces. He left the school and disappeared when he was sure no one saw him.

 The bell rang, and Kyoya was the first one to move, heading back inside. Hayato was next, yelling and cursing his lungs out at the Marshmallow Freak. Takeshi laughed and tried to calm Hayato down, but it was obvious that he was also pretty irritated. Ryohei patted Tsunami's shoulder and gave a thumbs up before running in the building, with Mukuro and Chrome following suit.

 Tsunami only groaned when she saw Reborn wave a Leon-camera around.

-

Are the chaps getting boring?