Hide And Seek Tag

Published: 4/19/20

3rd Person's P.O.V

 "Ryohei?" Tsunami gulped.

 "Yes?" Ryohei's eyes didn't leave the people in front of them.

 "Let's run," Tsunami decided.

 "No."

 "Hah?! Would you rather deal with my demand for cake if they find out?!"

 "Extreme no! What I meant was, if we had to run," Ryohei grabbed Tsunami's wrist. "Then at least call it an extremely manly retreat!" He ran up the stairs, pulling Tsunami with him.

 "DOES IT MATTER WHAT YOU CALL IT?!" Tsunami yelled right before she and Ryohei both tumbled into a room.

 "Haha! Are we playing hide and seek now?" Takeshi laughed.

 "Ooh, ooh, I wanna play!" Lambo exclaimed.

 Tsunami could literally hear Reborn smirk at that idea.

 "Hn. How herbivorous. As if I'd ever join."

 "You could bite someone to death." Reborn offered.

 "Hn. Deal." Reborn smirked at the other's answer.

 "Here are the rules. Tsunami, make sure you and Ryohei are listening. I don't want to hear complaints later." He started explaining, "There will be one seeker, which is going to be Kyoya. The rest of you will go hide somewhere inside the house. If Kyoya finds you, he will have to tag or touch you before you get to the home base in order for you to be out. The base will be the couch over there. And no weapons allowed. Understood?"

 "Understood!"

 "Oh, I'll be sitting this one out."

 "What do you mean, Carnivore?" Kyoya growled.

 "I'm not playing this time. None of you will ever be able to catch me anyway, so what's the point? I'll stay as a witness."

 "Hn. Suit yourself, scaredy cat."

 Reborn only chuckled, "Trying to provoke me won't do any good. Now, go hide as he counts to 100."

 "Hn. 10, 20, 30..." Kyoya started counting.

 "That's extremely cheating!" Ryohei whisper-shouted.

 "What do you expect? It's Kyoya." Tsunami whispered back. "Let's go find a better hiding place."

 "...70, 80, 90, 100. Don't run, I'll be biting you to death." Kyoya finished counting to 100 within 10 seconds.

 Tsunami held her breath from where she was hiding as she heard footsteps coming up the steps. Luckily, the footsteps had softened as Kyoya had walked into another room.

 A moment later, they heard Lambo scream. "GYAH!!! WHEN DID YOU GET THERE?!"

 "The cow is out," Reborn announced.

 Kyoya walked closer to where Tsunami was hiding before he stopped.

 "Hn. Found you"

 "Oops, already?"

 Tsunami heard two pairs of footsteps shuffling around.

 "Tch. Stop dodging.

 "Haha! Sorry, but I can't."

 Takeshi ran down the stairs by two's, just barely reaching the couch.

 He crouched and slid across the floor, stretching his foot towards the court. "Aand, safe!"

 "Takeshi is safe," Reborn declared.

 Kyoya clicked his tongue, but resumed his hunt nonetheless.

 Kyoya skipped up the steps and stood in front of a room next to where Tsunami was. He opened the door, and someone dashed out, ducking under his arm. When he turned around, he caught a glimpse of someone with purple hair. He quickly gave chase when the person started hopping down the stairs. By the time he was within reach, the person was already one step away from touching the couch.

 "Chrome is safe," Reborn announced.

 Clicking his tongue again, Kyoya felt annoyed that he let two of his prey escape him.

 He walked downstairs to check if anybody was hiding there. When he got there, he saw Mukuro laying down on his bed.

 "Kufufu, looks like my dear Chrome was faster than you."

 Kyoya frowned before rushing in to hit Mukuro. Just before hitting him, Mukuro crouched down, avoiding that attack.

 "Tsk, if I hit or block you, that would count as a touch. How annoying."

 Mukuro moved back, preparing to run up the stairs. As if sensing his thoughts, Kyoya also backed up so he was guarding the stairs.

 "Oya oya? What a smart little Skylark," Mukuro said as his eye twitched.

 Kyoya decided to attack Mukuro again, leaving the stairs open. Mukuro took that opening and raced past Kyoya. Just as he reached the middle section of the stairs, a hand came from behind to touch his shoulder.

 "Kufufu, I knew that was too easy." He jumped back, landing on a step further up.

 "Hn. Stop moving around so much. A good fruit should stay still and get stabbed." Kyoya jumped up as well.

 They were both a few feet away from the couch when Kyoya aimed at Mukuro's stomach, forcing Mukuro to block with his arms.

 "Mukuro is out," Reborn declared.

 Kyoya smirked at Mukuro in victory before going upstairs to look for the other three players. Tsunami held her breath as she heard Kyoya walk into the room where Ryohei was hiding. 'Hopefully, Ryohei remembers that if he touches Kyoya, then he's out. That means that he shouldn't fight back or even punch him.'

 "EXTREME RIGHT UPPERCUT!"

 Tsunami let out the breath she was holding and sighed in disappointment.

 "Ryohei is out," Reborn announced. "The only ones left are Tsunami and Hayato."

 Tsunami bit her lip as Kyoya went into the bathroom to look for Hayato. She quietly stepped out of the room she was hiding in and tiptoed to the stairs. Tsunami was halfway down when Hayato's yell had startled her, making her trip and slip down the stairs.

 "Hayato is out!"

 Tsunami closed her eyes, expecting the impact of the floor and some injuries. When she didn't feel any pain, she opened her eyes, taking note of something big and green in front of her. Leon had shifted into a giant, green fluffy pillow in order to help her.

 "Thanks Leon," she said and petted the chameleon. The chameleon simply nodded his head in response.

 Soft footsteps were then heard behind Tsunami and Leon flicked his tongue, trying to warn her. Tsunami, however, didn't notice until the footsteps stopped.

 Without thinking, she turned around and looked up, coming face to neck with Kyoya. She jumped up in surprise, making the top of her head bump into Kyoya's chin.

 "Tsunami is out!"