Game Start (Part 3)

Published: 7/19/20

3rd Person's P.O.V

 "Here, Tsunami, say 'Ahh'." Takeshi held up a spoonful of rice for Tsunami.

 Tsunami raised an eyebrow at him before opening her mouth. "You know that I can feed myself, right?"

 "Haha, I know, I know. But just let me do this, okay?" Takeshi grinned and continued to feed Tsunami. Tsunami silently nodded and complied with his request.

 "Oh right, come to think of it," Tsunami said, "where's Hayato?"

 Takeshi paused at her question, thinking about it. "Hmm, I think he mentioned something about preparing something?"

 "Preparing? What would he need to prepare for?"

 "Haha, who knows," he shrugged. "Anyway," Takeshi slung an arm around Tsunami. "Let's stop talking about him right now. There's only 3 minutes left, and I don't want to waste them."

 Tsunami blinked as she took another bite of her lunch. 'Was Takeshi... always like this?'

- - - - - - - - - -

 "Class dismissed. Don't forget to turn in your papers on Monday."

 All the students began packing their stuff to leave the classroom.

 "Tsunami!"

 Tsunami looked up and saw Hayato waiting by her desk. 'Ah, so it's his turn now. I wonder what he's going to do.'

 "Hayato," she greeted. "Where are the others?"

 "They said they would be leaving first," Hayato answered.

 "Oh. Well, in any case, let's go home. Who's on dinner duty tonight?"

 "That should be Ryohei."

 "Oh."

 A moment of silence passed.

 "We... should really hurry home, shouldn't we?" Hayato spoke.

 "Yeah... The last time he cooked, didn't we end up with a burnt chicken?" Tsunami grimaced.

 "And the time before that was spoiled eggs..."

 "...Let's stop thinking and start running," Tsunami suggested.

 "Good idea."

 Hayato grabbed Tsunami's hand and pulled her along as he ran home.

- - - - - - - - - -

 "You two are extremely home!" Ryohei shouted from the kitchen.

 "Is dinner ready?" Tsunami asked as she and Hayato took off their shoes before walking to the living room where everyone was seated.

 "Yeah!" Ryohei pointed at the plates on the table as if to prove it.

 The room then suddenly seemed too quiet. Tsunami, Hayato, and Ryohei looked at everyone sitting by the table.

 "What are you looking at?" Hayato snapped at them.

 They all stayed quiet, waiting for someone to ask their question for them.

 "Oh, why are you two extremely holding hands?" Ryohei asked the question for them.

 Tsunami and Hayato blinked in surprise before they stared at their intertwined hands. They both quickly let go and hurried to sit down.

 "Haha," Takeshi laughed. "Is this what you were talking about when you said that you were preparing?"

 "Shut it," Hayato hissed while a light pink was seen on his face.

 "So..." Reborn drawled. "Since none of you has succeeded yet, guess Ryohei is the last one up."

 Tsunami stared down at her plate. "Hey Ryohei... What's up with the heart on top of the food?"

 "Oh! That would be me declaring my extreme love for you!"

 While many of the others spluttered at this, Tsunami simply hummed in response and began eating her meal.

- - - - - - - - - -

 "Done!" Tsunami whisper-shouted as she grinned in satisfaction when she finished her essay. She glanced at her phone for the time, and saw that it was 11:48 P.M.

 Deciding that she still had time for a shower, Tsunami walked inside the bathroom. After she closed the door, Chrome, who was still awake, quietly messaged Reborn.

 A few minutes later, a knock was heard at the door to the room. Chrome stayed in her bed, waiting for Tsunami to answer the door instead.

 Moments later, and Tsunami still hasn't answered the door, causing the person on the other side to knock even louder.

 "Alright, alright, I'm coming, so stop knocking already." The bathroom door opened, and Tsunami stepped out, only two pieces of clothing covering her.

 She walked to the door and opened it slightly, peeking out the door. When she saw who it was, she opened the door a little wider.

 "Why are you here at this time, Ryohei?"

 "What do you mean?" A confused expression was seen on Ryohei's face. "Weren't you the one who wanted me here?"

 Tsunami furrowed her eyebrows. "I never called you though."

 "Really? But that's what Reborn told me."

 "Wait, Reborn did?"

 "Yeah, he told me to come here and said that you were waiting with a surprise for me."