Attempt

Published: 12/22/19

3rd Person's P.O.V

Tsunami opened the door to the classroom, not expecting a bucket of water to fall down.

She then suddenly felt herself pulled back by the back of her shirt. She staggered back and hit someone's chest.

The water in front of her splashed on the floor, just barely missing her. The person who caught her sighed tiredly.

"I didn't expect her to take action this quickly. Honestly, why are girls so hard to deal with."

"Tsuna, are you okay?"

Tsunami turned around to see Reborn, Takeshi, Hayato, and Chrome behind her.

"I'm fine. But I wonder why would anyone do this..."

The three guardians exchanged glances as Reborn softly knocked his hand against Tsunami's head.

"Obviously, that girl Natalia is just jealous of you. I didn't tutor you for years just to be like this."

Tsunami sent him a small, playful smile. "Indeed you didn't. You tortured me."

Reborn rolled his eyes, deciding to ignore the comment.

Reborn looked at the mess on the floor. "Now, what to do." He scanned the classroom, and saw Natalia sitting innocently at her seat, reading a book.

"Natasha, may I speak to you for a minute?"

Natalia looked up. Fear flashed through her eyes for a second before it disappeared. She stood up and walked over.

The other students looked at Reborn in curiosity, wondering how he knew Natalia was the one who put the bucket above the door.

As Natalia approached then, Reborn told the class to sit in their seats and wait for him.

Reborn closed the door and gave Natalia a menacing look.

"Try whatever cheap trick you want. However, no matter what, you won't be able to wound her in any way. Physically, mentally, or verbally."

Natalia trembled, but she was stubborn. She would still try to bother Tsunami, and Reborn knew it.

Reborn sighed, dropping the glare. "Go get some paper towels and clean up that mess you made. Hurry up, I'm giving you three minutes top."

Natalia scowled, but nevertheless hurried to the bathroom.

----------

"As I was saying earlier this morning, you will be given another assignment. For this assignment, you will be working with another classmate..."

Tsunami tuned Reborn's voice out and stared out the window. She just ask him about everything later on. She yawned, her thought going from thinking about the deadlines to the Varia residing in her house.

Out the window, Tsunami noticed a group of certain someones making their way to the high school. Tsunami held her breath. Her head almost snapped off when she whirled around to see the clock.

3:01 pm.

They would be out in around three minutes. But Tsunami knew that even without their weapons, the Varia would still find a way to destroy their surroundings in those three minutes.

Tsunami abruptly stood up, gaining the attention of the class.

"Sir," she addressed Reborn in a hurry. "My ah, uncles are outside. May I be excused?"

Tsunami stared into Reborn's eyes, silently pleading him. Reborn nodded, understanding the situation. "You may."

Without wasting another second, Tsunami rushed out the door, carrying her stuff with her.

Hayato started to stand up as well, but with a stern look and a "she'll be fine" from Reborn, he sat back down in defeat.

Outside, Tsunami was panting as she stood in front of the group. When she finally regained control of her breathing, she asked, "Why are you guys here."

"To see you of course, my darling~" Lussuria answered as he giggled.

"There was nothing to do at your trashy place," was Xanxus's answer.

"Shishishi, I was curious how the school is like," Bel replied.

"Liar," Fran said in his usual monotone voice. "Bel-senpai said he wanted to see the girls at the school."

"Ushishishi, who's the little liar now?" Bel's fist met Fran's head.

"That hurts, Bel-senpai..."

Tsunami felt all her anger disappear as exhaustion took over.

"Whatever, let's wait for a few more minutes. School should be ending soon."

"Ehhh? Then why are you out here right now? Shouldn't you still be in there? Or are you skipping school." Fran looked at Tsunami with a deadpan look.

Tsunami stared back at Fran, wearing the same look as him. "It's obviously because of you guys. Had I not come here early, there probably would've been quite a commotion going on."

"VOI!! WHAT WAS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!"

The bell rung, and students came pouring out.

- - - - - - - - - -

Winter break finally started! Happy holidays to everyone!