Departure

Published: 1/19/20

3rd Person's P.O.V

 Tsunami dashed out the door as soon as the bell rang. She wanted to run the instant she heard that the Varia were leaving, but her guardians and Reborn had reassured her that they would still be there when school ends.

 Tsunami sprinted into the closest store she found near her. She slowed her pace as she grabbed a basket and went around the store, tossing items in. She took the basket to the cashier and waited for her turn.

 When all the items were paid and in a bag, Tsunami thanked the cashier and hurried out. She jogged home, afraid that the Varia might have left already.

 She opened the door, revealing the Varia and Byakuran. They look at Tsunami, a little surprised.

 "Were *huff* you guys *huff* about to leave without telling me?" Guilt flashed through their eyes.

 Tsunami regained control of her breathing and held a bag in front of her. "Here," she said. "A little gift from me."

 Lussuria stepped forwards, curious of what's in the bag. Everyone except Xanxus and Levi crowded followed Lussuria, crowding around Tsunami. Tsunami rummaged through her bag to pull out a bottle of perfume, hair wash, and some lotion.

 Bel snickered, "You don't have to say who this is for, Little Princess. We all know that's for Luss. He's the only one who would want those girly stuff."

 "That's harsh, Bel-chan~" Lussuria whined. He took the things from Tsunami and thanked her.

 Next, Tsunami pulled out a packet of Rice Krispies Treats. "Levi," she called out. Nodding in appreciation to Tsunami, Levi took the packet and returned to his Boss's side.

 The next thing that Tsunami took out was a box of sushi. Bel laughed contentedly, "Ushishishi, I suppose that would be mine." He held out his hand, waiting for Tsunami to give him the box. "Bel-senpai is so greedy," Fran commented. "Shishi, shut up, Froggy." "But I'm not wearing a frog mask," Fran countered. Smiling at their antics, Tsunami placed the sushi box in Bel's waiting hand and dug through the bag once again.

 A box of tuna came out this time. "Probably Squalo's," Levi observed. "Tch." Squalo stepped forward. "You didn't have to," he took the box. "But thanks anyway, Trash." Tsunami giggled, "Of course, Squalo." She knew that despite his way of talking, he was actually glad.

 Fran looked at Tsunami, wondering if she got anything for him as well. Tsunami smiled gently at him and patted his head. "I didn't know what you like to eat, so I got you some keychains instead. I know that you won't have much of use for it, but I figured you would enjoy it anyway." Fran tilted his head questioning at Tsunami. Tsunami fished out two keychains out of the bag, one of them a pineapple, and the other an apple. Fran took the two keychains and observed them before staring blankly at Tsunami. "Thank you, Tsunami-san." Tsunami ruffled Fran's hair in response.

 "Xanxus," Tsunami lifted her head to look at the boss. The Varia made way for her, and she walked up to Xanxus. "Here," she held out a container of steak. "Your favorite." Tsunami dropped the container in Xanxus's hand.

  Byakuran clapped his hands twice. Tsunami jumped a little, forgetting that Byakuran was there the whole time.

 "Tsu-chan," he called in an amused tone. "Did you get me anything? You know, I really liked those marshmallows I got when I first came here."

 Tsunami gave him an innocent smile. "Oh, really?"

 She took a step toward Byakuran, still smiling. All of a sudden, her fist made contact with Byakuran. "You dare bring that up?"

 Just then, the door opened. Everyone stared at Tsunami.

 Hayato immediately ran to Tsunami, glaring at Byakuran. "What did you do to her?!"

 Byakuran looked at him, flustered. "Wha-what do you mean? She's the one who-"

 "Tsunami doesn't hit anyone for no reason. Now, would you mind telling us what you did?" Takeshi's eyes narrowed a little.

 Chrome answered, "It's probably what he did or what he said that made Tsunami angry."

 "You're extremely right. Imouto always has a reason for her actions."

 Mukuro and Kyoya thought back to the times where they would get injuries from Tsuna because they kept fighting, and they nodded their head in agreement

 "Yare, yare," Lambo sighed and shook his head. "Why would anyone make Tsuna-nee angry,  I still don't understand."

 Feeling helpless, Byakuran turned to the Varia, who were pretending as if they never saw him.

 "Why are you guys so mean?" Byakuran cried.

 Then, the Varia's forms began to flicker, reminding them all that time was running out. Everyone became serious, even Byakuran.

 "...there isn't much time left. Say your goodbyes now or never. I can only prevent them from going for so long."

 Tsunami walked up to Xanxus. Gesturing him to lean down, Tsunami pulled the last item out her bag.

 She placed a crown on top of Xanxus's head and arranged it around until she was satisfied. Tsunami embraced Xanxus and kissed his cheek. She whispered something in his ear.

 Xanxus's eyes widened in surprise. He hadn't expected Tsunami to remember about it.

 Closing his eyes, Xanxus awkwardly hugged Tsunami back.

 "Thanks," he whispered in a barely audible voice.

 Light started to consume the Varia as their time was coming. Tsunami stepped back, a sad smile on her face. She waved goodbye to her friends.

 Everyone shielded their eyes as the light got brighter and brighter. When it was safe to look again, the Varia, along with Byakuran, were gone.

 It was silent until Reborn stood next to Tsunami. "What did you say to Xanxus in the end?"

 Tsunami turned her head to look at Reborn in the eye and simply smiled.

"Happy birthday, Xanxus. May you and your guardians always stay together."