1.3. Sugary sweet kookie

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

We are just two youngsters in love

Wandering in our own world together

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"Where are you going all dolled up like that?"

I was stuffing my leather handbag with snacks when Namjoon walked in through the door, genuinely confused by my haste and outfit choice.

But then a smile slowly appeared on his face when realization hit him.

"Kook?"

There it is.

"Yep," I chimed, slinging my bag over my shoulder, and ran past the grinning man, waving at him. "I won't be back until eleven."

"Wai- It's only 10 am," he exclaimed behind me.

"I know," I giggled back at him, zooming away.

The elevator ride was so nerve-wrecking. I couldn't contain the bursting excitement just waiting to spill out of me. The midterms had finished recently and Jungkook invited me to a sightseeing trip around the city, telling me that I needed some fresh air, away from school like him.

I packed enough snacks for the both of us, took my camera, and put on a blue, loose fitting sweater, a gray checkered skirt that was above my knees and gray leather knee high boots.

As I walked out to the main entrance, I saw Jungkook standing there with a small smile but he seemed to have zoned out when he saw me.

His eyes trailed over every inch of me, igniting something inside me with his intense gaze.

Okay, keep calm. Keep calm.

"We're almost twinning," I chuckled as soon as I reached him, gesturing between ourselves. The ebony haired man was wearing a similar blue sweater and gray jeans.

His whole appearance was screaming comfort and snuggles, and it took everything in me to stop my hands from wrapping themselves around his soft form.

His eyes formed crescent moons and his mushy cheeks were pushed up when he beamed. "What a coincidence."

We started walking out of the building and he led me to his black sedan, opening the passenger's door for me. I thanked him and slipped inside.

Jungkook bounced to the other side and took his sat in front of the wheels, buckling his seatbelt.

When he turned to me, he paused for a moment before silently leaning closer to pull my seatbelt around me. My heart started freaking out from the proximity of our faces, his bangs almost brushing against my cheek. The sugary soft smell of his cologne tickled my nostrils, making my head spin.

I should have put it around myself.

"Damn, Kookie, is it that serious?" I joked tremulously, playing with my nails.

He held up three fingers before counting down. "Safety first. Safety second. Coolness third. As a future police officer, I'll be practicing laws with dignity."

"Okay, Officer Jeon," I chuckled, finding his faithfulness endearing. "You say coolness is third but you sound really cool."

"Ah, really?" He played with the hair above his ears, taking small glances at me.