1.22. All a dream

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

You're here in my heart

But you'll never be in my arms

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Jeon Jungkook is cherry blossom.

So overwhelmingly beautiful...

But so so ephemeral.

Sombre shrouds of dull blankets hovered over us, the atmosphere one of desolate stillness. The whole world was monotone, drained of all its colors as if nature was grieving for its beloved cherry blossom that wilted too soon. Too early.

A sob broke out from beside me and I wordlessly wrapped an arm around the older woman weeping over her brother's misfortune. Her whole body was trembling as she covered her mouth to muffle her broken cries. It was the fifth time she cried since the incident.

Everyone was gathered together again after such a long time...

But it was for a completely different reason...

None of us uttered a word. All were desperately trying but failing miserably to accept the reality that someone so so dear to us wasn't standing next to us, grinning from ear to ear like he always did whenever we were all together, but buried deep deep within the cold hard ground.

Sniffles could be heard here and there whenever someone came to realize the reality for just one second. Just one second was enough to break hearts.

I... couldn't feel mine.

Hours of silence passed by and one by one, people started to leave the cemetery. I couldn't say anything to Jungah when she was leaving, but brought myself together to hug her to comfort her even just a little. She rubbed my back and patted it weakly before bidding goodbye and going away with Jimin who supported her as she walked.

She was somehow relieved that the murderer was found and sent to jail. Everyone was.

Except for me.

The punishment wasn't enough to me. There was a hole inside of me that couldn't be covered up with any closure, any reassurance, no time could heal.

"I would give anything to hold him in my arms again," I whispered to myself as I stared at his name written on the gray stone. "I would give everything but he'll never be in my arms again..."

The warmth of someone's hand was placed on my back.

"I couldn't tell him how much he meant to me, how wonderful he made my miserable life become... How much I loved him..."

"Ina," Ilhoon's voice spoke up softly.

"I love him so much, I can't let him go like this, Hoon... I can't. He's still in my mind, in my heart..."

He brought me into his embrace and I stood there in silence, missing the one person who wasn't coming back... ever.