1.9. Never enough

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

I try my best time and again

But I will still not be enough, right?

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

The ice cream effect was wearing off at the sight of influential hoodlums shuffling around the hall room. It was a bigger meeting this time involving hundreds of politicians, businessmen and government officials.

In other words, this place reeked of filth.

My parents were a few feet away, laughing and mingling with some businessmen. They couldn't possibly look more fake than they did now.

I kept myself occupied with food, never leaving the buffet table and separating myself from them. But even the fine tastes of lavish dishes couldn't appease the nausea building up inside of me. All the chatters, obnoxious laughters, and clanking sounds of expensive jewelry were deafening.

I never wanted to go back to the dorms and stay in Jungkook's arms more than I did at the moment.

I wanted to rest. I wanted to cry. I wanted to stay secured in his comfort.

Even in my parents' presence, I felt unsafe in this room.

"Pardon me, fair lady. Are you-"

"Fuck off," I quickly boomed, not sparing the man a glance.

But he didn't seem convinced as he didn't stop approaching me while letting out an amused chuckle.

"I'm afraid you don't know who I am, babe. My father-"

"Don't care," I snapped. "Step away from me."

The bastard laughed louder this time and slithered his hand around my waist, making me flinch and move away but he held me in place.

"Feisty," he whispered down my neck and goosebumps formed down my body. "Didn't think Aera and Hanwoo's daughter would be this attractive."

My eyes widened at that and I finally turned my head to look at the man.

He looked young, perhaps in his mid twenties, had that player look, his brown hair was styled in comb-over, and he wore clean royal blue velvet suit. Still, he didn't seem familiar and I was confused about how he knew me. Was he from my university?

I threw him a glare, pushing him away from myself, letting his hand slip off me. "Who the fuck are you?"

The annoying smirk never left his face and what's worse, he was getting more and more entertained by my irritation.

"Now you're interested in me?" He cocked an eyebrow before taking my free hand.

This bitch-

"Excuse me, I'm gonna go wash this hand you contaminated." I slipped out my hand from his grip and slammed my plate on the table before stomping to the bathroom.