1.5. Behind those smiles

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Can't trust

Won't trust

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"Ina!"

I stopped texting Jungkook to lift my head up to look at my classmate, Hyejin whose eyes were shimmering as she stared at me from beside my desk. She was a nice girl. We talked occasionally here and there in and outside of class.

I quickly wore a smile and raised my eyebrows, mirroring her expression. "Yes?"

She twirled her long hair while giving me a bashful grin. "Me and my friends, Haera and Soojin are going shopping at the Mikrokosmos department store after school today and I was wondering if you could come with us."

My eyes widened and I already felt guilty for what I was about to say. "Oh... Well... I'm so sorry but I can't..."

She blinked a few times, waiting for me to say something else with her smile still on her face. I only stared back with an equally big smile.

Well this is awkward...

"Oh," she finally spoke, slowly taking a step backwards with her eyes on the floor. "Okay then."

It's not like I was that close with them to hang out at the store or anything. Although I felt bad for rejecting the offer, I didn't feel the need to explain myself further so I nodded back at her with an apologetic smile and watched the brunette walk away to the other side of the classroom.

Still, I couldn't shake off the guilt, the small voice nagging at the back of my head that I should have explained that I was meeting a friend after class...

...even though our friendship was supposed to be secret.

My phone buzzed in my hands and I dropped my gaze at it to read a new message from the goofy guy.

Kookoo:

Jungkook had been sending me memes for the past hour and I, having a hard time suppressing my maniacal laughter every time he sent me one

Jungkook had been sending me memes for the past hour and I, having a hard time suppressing my maniacal laughter every time he sent me one. I didn't know laughing was so tiring.

Me: Staaaappp

Me: Your teacher still hasn't arrived yet??

Kookoo: Nope

Kookoo: Maybe he's having a hangover