2.6. Do you listen to your own advice?

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Family means

No one gets left behind or forgotten

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

You have chosen not to rewind the time

"W-What is going on here?" Namjoon took quick glances at each of our faces including mine, and his shaky eyes laid on the masked man before him who had the same stupefied look. "Are you Jungkook's twin? You can't be Jungkook, that's impossible! Who even are you?"

"No," Dowon spoke up before I even had the chance to try and delude them. "As far as I know, Jungkook didn't have a twin nor a brother..." Pain crossed his firm features. "Y-You are Jungkook... aren't you?"

The frustrating yet saddening fact was, the two men recognized him even with a mask on. A passerby who had only seen him on television would never identify him. But they... They spent years together, sharing their idyllic times and rainy days. Enough to call each other 'family'.

That family was finding a lost part of them.

Or that's what they believed.

"I'm not the Jungkook you know," the red tousled haired man stated firmly after regaining himself. "I'm..." He took a careful glance at me and I nodded, urging him to continue.

"I'm not from this world," he whispered lowly, just enough for them to hear. Their frowns deepened at his confession but Jungkook continued. "I came here through a universe connector machine Mr. Ilhoon created."

And that was enough for their expressions to drop and lips flatten to thin lines. The mentioning of Ilhoon was a jab to my chest as well.

"That explains it," Namjoon muttered in a grim tone and turned to me with a sympathetic look from which I shied away.

"His machine worked? That's insane..." Dowon's jaw slacked open in sheer bemusement. "Then our Kook really..."

My heart sank. His eyes found me with an apologetic light in them. This wasn't supposed to happen.

"Yes, Kookie really is gone," I said brusquely, earning Jungkook's attention as well. "He's not supposed to be here but I can't even send him back because the machine's gone now, too. It's all because of me! He's stuck here because of me! Everything else is my fault, too!"

"Ina," my cousin cut me off, holding my face in his hands in an attempt to quell my distress. "Ina. Ina. My dear sister, please. This is no one's fault no matter how much you blame yourself. And nothing will change no matter how much you beat yourself. Please spare yourself the pain."

The tenderness in his tone had my lips quivering. The weight of his words was piercing my heart. Constantly trying to have it all together was destroying me from the inside.

"I just," I whimpered, closing my eyes to hold in the tears. "I don't know what to do anymore, Joon..."

I wondered what I had done to deserve all of this. I tried my best to be strong but in truth, I was utterly weak. I was lost and helpless.