1.24. You're here...

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

The rules bend

And mystery takes hold

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"J-Jungkook?"

My eyes were playing tricks on me. That was it. That must had been it.

How could he be in front of me, looking at me with those starry doe eyes, breathing and standing tall?

"Do you know me, miss?" He asked full of hope.

Did I?

As I stood there, shocked out of my mind, my trembling hands moved on their own, holding his face, fingertips brushing his smooth, soft skin. It was the same. His features were the same. His height, his physique, everything was the same.

Fear grew in the pit of my stomach and I struggled to draw breaths.

"Miss?"

"Oh my god," I whispered shakily, tears blurring my eyes. "You're real... Jungkook, you're really here..."

Unable to hold in my whirlpool of emotions, I burst forth and wrapped him tightly in my embrace, letting my tears fall freely. I would only wish hopelessly to hold him in my arms like this in my dreams but he was actually here in my reality.

But... how...

Upon sudden realization and the stiffness of his body, I stepped back and beheld his frozen form. He wasn't pleased with my hug. In fact, he was shocked.

"Um... So you do know me?" He lifted his brows, nothing else but anticipation and confusion in his expression.

He was distant. It was as if... I was a stranger to him.

I searched his face for anything unfamiliar. Blinded by my stupor, I couldn't see it before but he had glittery makeup, shorter dyed hair styled probably by a professional, ear piercings and designer clothes that were too expensive for us to afford.

His presence felt off. It felt... different.

"You're... not Jungkook?"

Blinking twice, he quickly answered, "I am. I'm Jeon Jungkook from BTS. Are you an ARMY?"

Frowning deeply, I tried to recall if he ever said anything about this 'BTS' or the military before. Unfortunately, there was no recollection of such a thing.

"What are you talking about? What's BTS? How are you alive? Why are you dressed like you're going to go on a runway?" My chest heaved up and down from blurting everything loudly within a second. "Do you... not remember me?"

His doe eyes ran over my face before he inhaled sharply. "I was sure that you were the one that person said would know me. BTS is a kpop group and we were about to perform in this outfit," he gestured to his glittery jacket, "when I was suddenly sent to this weird machine. And I'm sorry but I don't think we've met before."