1.10. Calm before the storm

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

For now let's get away

From all the worries of the future

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

The month long vacation was passing by in the blink of an eye.

I woke up at noon everyday, ate lunch and watched some videos online and it'd already be past four or five. Still, living that couch potato life had its own beauty.

I would sometimes go to Namjoon or Jungkook's room to kill time or just hangout with the latter around the city during the evenings. I could really find peace and serenity during those times, and breathe freely with no worries...

...at least for a while.

Luckily, there were no meetings happening as many politicians reportedly went overseas for some 'relaxing' time. I could only imagine the amount of illegal money they were coughing up for pleasure.

My parents were abroad as well. They went to Italy for over a month, allowing me to think about many things and clear my head during that time. They took away my uneasiness along with them when they left.

A snap of fingers broke my trance and I flinched before tightening my hold on the paper plate and looking to my left with wide eyes.

"Hm?"

Jungkook chuckled shortly, his soft eyes forming crescent moons, before he grabbed a tissue from the box beneath his chair to rub the corners of my mouth.

"What has you zoning out like this? Is the meat raw? You haven't eaten much."

Blinking twice, I gave him a silly smile to stop him from worrying and grabbed a skewer from my plate before taking a piece of beef in my mouth. "It's fine, the meat is good. I was just thinking about next semester."

"Phew! This grilling is making me sweat bullets," Jimin exclaimed, hurriedly slipping off his black leather jacket, leaving him in blue flannels, and wiping his sweaty forehead with the backs of his hands. "Time to switch, Dowon!"

The said boy jumped to his feet with a mouthful of food, looking like a chipmunk when ignoring the long scar that covered his temple. The one he got after getting hit by a brick during a fight according to Jungkook.

I hadn't talked to him that much until now but he seemed surprisingly nice considering how much of a thug he used to be as some rumors spoke of around the campus. Some said he changed after sharing a room with Jungkook but some said he changed because of a certain girl. Either way, I was happy to have a friend like him. Someone so capable and helpful... like a father.

"Okay, Chimchim. Don't hurt your delicate self, let me handle it," he boasted, teasing the pink haired man, his voice dropping lower by an octave but still exhibiting the joyful tone. He towered a little over Jimin due to their height differences when they brushed past each other to switch places. The latter shot the black crew cut haired guy a playful glare before scoffing a laugh and making his way to one of the camping chairs.