2.22. The place I used to visit

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

This path I take

Is a different, difficult one

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"You're going alone?!"

Jungkook grabbed my wrist when I was putting on my shoes.

"Not exactly alone," I said, placing my hand on his. "Namjoon will be with me. He messaged me just now that the meeting is wrapping up soon. Uncle and Namjoon are both there."

He shook his head. "I have a bad feeling about this..."

Unless I felt deja vu, I wouldn't back out from what I was planning to do however reckless it seemed. Still, somewhere in my heart, warmth blossomed seeing him worried like this.

"I got this, Jungkook." I patted his shoulder with a small smile. "I have to do this."

He pursed his lips, not exactly agreeing to it, and turned his head away with his eyebrows furrowed.

"I'll be back," I whispered, a little worried, and grabbed my bag before wearing my mask and shades and walking out the door. It might seem odd wearing glasses in the evening like this when the sun was setting, but I had to cover up my face for safety reasons.

The road to Namjoon's house was a familiar and wistful one. I would often drive there with my parents to play with my cousins when I was younger and times were simpler. Since I was an only child, I considered Namjoon and Seojoon as my brothers who loved me just as equally as their sister.

I had never felt alone.

This day, this time, this road was a difficult one to take. Endless thoughts and 'what-ifs' whirled in my head like a storm ready to plunge me into dark ruins.

"Ina."

A whisper halted me in my steps and I followed the sound, turning around before a loud gasp spilled from my lips.

"Ina, help me," the blue haired man groaned as he crawled at me on the ground with his hand reaching out to me. Blood pooled around him, painting his white clothes in ghastly red.

"K-Kangmin," I stammered. My whole body shuddered and my knees nearly buckled. Fear paralyzed my heart.

"You killed me. You did!" A guttural, almost animalistic sound left him and I yelped, stumbling backwards.

"Ina?"

I whirled around to find Namjoon staring at me in confusion after opening the door.

"Joo- Joonie! T-There's-" I turned around but found no one. The whole area was empty. There were no blood spots. "There was... I..."

"Are you okay?" Namjoon rushed to me and held me protectively, wrapping an arm around my waist. "You're so shaken. What happened?"

I shook my head vigorously, palming my pounding chest. "No, it's fine. It's nothing. Let's just go inside."

I pulled him into the house and quickly closed the door. The image was so vivid in my mind that I couldn't concentrate on what I was there for.