1.19. One fateful night

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Please rewind the time

Please forgive my mistakes

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"Where are you going?"

I scoffed quietly while putting on my shoes. "Out."

"Ina," the man demanded, not moving an inch from where he stood. "It's already dark outside. Where are you going dressed like that?"

Standing up straight, I fixed my blue velvet bodycon dress and gave him a vacant stare. "Isn't it obvious? I'm going clubbing. Are you going to talk me against it, Jeon?"

He was rendered speechless for a moment but was quick to snap back at me. "What do you mean? I don't understand."

Rolling my eyes, I grabbed my coat from the hangers and swiftly put it on. "What's there to explain? I've been clubbing at nights to relieve stress after leaving my job for the past month. This is nothing new-"

"Wait, what?! You resigned?" He yelled in shock, grabbing me by the shoulders, earning a yelp from me. "When? What happened?"

Growing frustrated, I groaned and pushed him away a bit too forcefully. "It doesn't concern you. Maybe if you cared a little about me, you would've known. I guess moving up a few ranks was more important in your life."

His brows furrowed deeper as he stared at me in disbelief. "What...?"

"Where were you when I needed you? Think about that, Jeon," I whispered, my voice beginning to quiver, and turned to walk out the door. "If you can't even soothe me, don't act like you care."

"Ina!" He instantly grabbed my wrist a bit too painfully. "What the fuck is wrong with you?! Are you saying I don't care about you?! Because that's total bullshit, you hear me?! Bullshit! Have you gone mad, woman?! You should talk to me about what's wrong!"

My insides were about to explode from all the emotions storming inside of me.

"Leave me the fuck alone! I'm suffocating in this house in your presence," I screamed, yanking my hand out of his tight hold. "At least I can breathe there, away from everything! If you really care about me, stay away from me!"

After seeing him freeze beside me, I was quick to march out of the apartment and ride the elevator with my heart drumming in my ears.

My phone buzzed in my hand and I took the call, answering one of my university friends from the same class. She was already at the club along with a few other classmates for the small night out we planned. Telling her that I was coming, I caught a cab as soon as I walked out the building and hurried to the destination.

Soon enough, I arrived at the place where the music was blasting so loud, I was afraid I would go deaf. The dance floor was packed with bodies grinding and jumping about. Blue and green neon lights were dancing around, giving me the feeling I was in a different reality, along with the smoke enveloping the whole place.