2.16. Ringwanderung

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

The only way out is

To admit that you're lost

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"Ina, please..."

I pushed Jungkook's hand away and stood up from the couch. "No, it's all my fault. All I have to do is face my parents and tell them to stop all this."

"And what good will that do?" He stood up as well and hovered his hand over my arm. "They will just magically come out and admit all their crimes?"

I whimpered, covering my face with my hands. "Then what am I supposed to do? Everything I do costs a life! We don't even have a solid proof yet and we lost so many lives! All because of me..."

My knees suddenly buckled and I fell on the floor before Jungkook could grab me. I felt so weak. Too weak that I didn't know what to do.

"Ina." He sat down near me and pulled me in his embrace. His firm hold around my trembling form felt like a shelter. A reassuring protection that I was safe in his embrace even for a moment. It felt like he was putting back my broken pieces together with his arms wrapped around me.

Breathing in his scent, I dropped my head against his broad shoulder and clutched his sides. "I'm scared..."

His hold tightened and a hand came up to pat my head. "I know it won't make a difference, but I'll be with you. I'll try to protect you..."

And that was even more worrisome. The last person I wanted any harm on was him, and yet... I just couldn't push him away from me.

The doorbell rang out of nowhere, sending jolts through my body, and I broke away from Jungkook to see through the peephole. A gasp left me when I saw blue and pink hair outside my door. After gesturing at Jungkook to hide in his room with flailing hands, I opened the door slowly to let the Park brothers in after the red haired man was out of sight.

"What brought you two here?" I asked a little too rudely.

"You can come out, Jungkook," Kangmin yelled when he entered the living room, making me widen my eyes. "I know everything. No need to hide from me."

Jimin shrugged when I threw a glare at him and hopped on the couch beside his brother.

Jungkook still wasn't coming out after ten or twenty minutes passed, so I walked into his room to find him and bring him out after reassuring him that it was fine. He was surprised that Jimin had an older brother.

"We have to make sense!" Kangmin scolded me when Jungkook and I sat on the opposite couch. "You're clearly going against a huge organization. You have to be smart about your moves, Ina. One person digging stuff would definitely be a bad idea. Plus, we're police officers! You should leave such work to us!"

I curled my hands in fists anxiously. "I can't trust police officers. Hell, I couldn't even trust you to tell you everything. From all the information we gathered so far, this 'organization' you said has connections in every field and leads to my family in the end."