1.17. Secrets

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Sometimes ignorance is bliss

But secrets shatter relationships

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"Ina Ina Ina Ina-"

"What?!"

The sleek peach haired perky girl bit her lips for a moment as she stopped running before crouching beside my desk with her signature dimpled grin beaming at me.

"Let's go out," she chimed, her enthusiasm oozing from her tone. "It's already lunchtime! Come on."

Breathing out a snort, I put away some evidence files I was studying for my next court and jumped up, facing her with a smile.

"Not even missing a minute, huh, Hye."

She got to her feet and interlocked our arms as we walked to the door. "Of course. I always wait for lunchtime when work starts. My favorite time of the day."

Shaking my head, I followed her to wherever she was taking me this time. Having someone of the same age like her in the same office as myself was a sort of blessing for me considering how the industry frowned upon young virtuous lawyers. All because of the corrupted system of politicians injecting their own players into legislation.

One of them being Soyeon.

There were only two other people in my department who would rarely show up at work. Much to my dismay, those men were some of the politicians' puppets, always assigned to their cases. Other 'lower clients' would get assigned to Hyejeong and I.

Even though we were 'discriminated' by them, Hyejeong never let it get to her and often cheered me up when such a thing would happen. We both knew we wouldn't climb up the ladder if we kept being 'righteous', but we refused to succumb to their way of working.

Still, we were 'weak'...

"Oh, Ina, Hyejeong!" Our Head of department called us as he walked towards us in the hallway, interrupting our conversation.

My breath got stuck in my throat and I froze in place when my eyes landed on the man beside him...

A man I hadn't seen in a long time.

"I was about to introduce our new recruit, Hyungsoo," Mr. Han chirped, gesturing at the man next to him when they stopped before us.

No...

"He'll be working with us starting today."

•───────────⋅☾ ☽⋅───────────•

"Ina, long time no see!"

Who the f-

"Kangmin?"