2.10. I care about you

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Out of sight

Out of mind

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"It's been days, Jimin. What do you mean they just decided to leave this case?! They said they would definitely find the culprit but now they're backing off because it's a hit and run incident?!"

Jungkook gripped my arm to hold me back from lunging at the pink haired, restless officer sitting near me with his fists curled. When he told me he had an important news, I didn't await for him to say that nonsense after being involved in the investigation himself.

"I know, but there was no evidence whatsoever and we have no lead, nothing to point at anyone in this country," Jimin asserted, rubbing his face with his rough, calloused hands in exasperation. "If we assume it was intentional, absolutely nothing makes sense... He was a healthy, young cop. But if we assume it was an accident... it falls in place somehow, so that's why they gave up after days of investigation..."

I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest, "Aren't they just opting for the easiest way to close a case?"

"Ina, what if it wasn't an intentional murder? What if it was an accident?" He suddenly asked in a serious tone, irking me further.

"Jimin!"

"No, you listen to me," he raised his voice. "I know we both- along with Jungkook," he added, glancing at the man beside me, "are aware that your husband's and my uncle's cases were intentional murders. But we can't blindly project our illusions onto this one because it just doesn't make sense. Let's be rational. No matter how much you insist it was intentional murder, the culprit is long out of sight now."

I opened my mouth only to close it. It was an undeniable fact that we could do nothing about this.

And it seemed no words could convince Jimin to push further, either...

He wouldn't believe that I went back in time anyway.

"Alright..." I sighed deeply, gesturing at the cup of coffee in front of him. "I get it, so drink your coffee. It's getting cold."

Jimin nodded and we proceeded to sit in silence, sipping our drinks.

•───────────⋅☾ ☽⋅───────────•

"Where are you going?"

It was after Jimin left that I made up my mind to assess the situation myself. Firmly putting on my black cap, I took one last look at my appearance in the mirror. I just looked like a walking black color with all the dark clothes wrapped around myself.

"Just... out on a walk. Can I count on you for the dinner today?" I smiled sheepishly at Jungkook.

Brushing back his red hair, he nodded quickly. "Of course. But you're going to take that long?" He eyed me up and down silently, clearly doubtful about where I was going.