1.13. Hearts on fire

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Our love is my medicine, salvation and home

Our love is everything I wanted and more

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"I'm just saying, okay? From how poorly these government shitheads treat me and how much pressure those greedy pigs put on me, I'm so close to setting this whole damn place on fire!"

Even if what Ilhoon said was quite pitiful, the boys and I couldn't hold back our chortles.

"Oh, Hoon hon." I left the comforts of his couch to approach him tinkering with one of his cocoon looking machines. "What do they even force you to invent? You're just so secretive about everything related to their 'tasks'."

He sighed, dropping his head to gaze at the floor for a moment or two. "If I could, I'd tell you, Ina. I really would..."

That made me raise an eyebrow, but before I could ask if it was that controversial or concerning that he kept quiet for months now, he swerved me towards the more aesthetic version of his cocoons, a human-size walk-in crystal which he called 'Auma'. He had a thing for naming his machines.

"The only thing keeping me sane at this point is this baby of mine," he whined with a whole lot of stress that I was worried he was overworking himself. "This machine will help anyone escape reality if need be once I finish it... I just need some more time to play with it."

Jungkook suddenly stepped up next to him to watch him fiddle with the monitor that was connected to the crystal in awe. "Wow, hyung. I know they're pressuring you and not paying you enough and stuff but your job seems very interesting though... You're like Iron man."

"Am I your idol?" The mint haired lab scientist chuckled bashfully, his fingers twitching due to his shyness from the compliment.

"Of course," the younger man chirped in a heartbeat, propping his chin on the older's shoulder comfortably. "I hope you can invent me a suit like his one day. It's really cool."

Ilhoon snorted. "It's a piece of cake, bro. I'll make you one after I finish my current projects."

"Really?! Oh my gosh, you promised, okay?" The boy was practically bouncing from excitement with his hands on Ilhoon's shoulders. I watched them laugh with each other from a bit far away before walking back to the couch to the others.

"What's this?"

"Wait, don't touch-"

I whirled around and saw Ilhoon pouting as Jungkook retracted his hand from a slot connected to the crystal to give him a look.

"S-Sorry, hyung. What was it?"

The shorter guy sighed before fixing his lab coat. "Nothing serious. Just a DNA reader. Your information is stored now so you can use my machine once it's done."

Seeing nothing was wrong, I was going to walk away again but a call of my name halted me once again.

"Ina dearie!" I turned around again to see Jungkook walking away to the refrigerator while Ilhoon gestured me to come to him.