2.7. Something hidden

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Love and care heals more quickly

Than any medicine

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"All of his things were removed as soon as the trial started."

"Do something recreational, Ina. Tidy your house, throw away some junks. It helps."

After bidding goodbye to Dowon, I hurried to my room and searched for any of Jungkook's work files, anything related to his work. Piles and piles of books, old souvenirs, forgotten trinkets, unused gadgets were spread all over the floor after I rummaged the furniture.

Still, not one of them was related to his work.

"Ina, what do you- Oh my."

Jungkook came to an abrupt stop at the door and gawked at the mess I made. Flashing me a small grin, he mused, "Tidying?"

Pushing my cheeks up with a tight lipped smile, I chimed, "Yep. Just cleaning."

"Mhmm." He squatted down beside me and grabbed a snow globe my husband made for me, marveling at it. "Definitely not searching for clues."

When I squinted my eyes at him, he raised his hands in defeat with his teeth sucked in.

"Okay, you got me," I sighed, leaning back with my palms planted on the floor. "You know this whole situation now. Do you think I can sit still, living in ignorance when I heard all that? No, right?"

"I don't know... It feels weird to think for me," he murmured, lisp coming out. "Another me in a different world apparently got himself in a dangerous situation and was murdered mysteriously... I just can't help but feel concerned about him... Maybe it's because he's me in a way..."

"Are you dumb enough to not tell your wife about a dangerous situation you're in like him?"

Raising his brows, he slowly turned his head to me, bemused. "Dumb?"

"Jumping into the fire by yourself without giving anyone else the rope to pull you out of it," I whispered with a bitter tone. "Yes. Sounds dumb to me."

"The rope would burn though," he mumbled under his breath, prompting an eye roll from me.

"You would, too, genius."

"I wouldn't call it dumb. I'd call it protective. I wouldn't want the people I care about to be in danger with me," he stated, earning a scoff from me.

"Are you two one man army or what?"

Silence loomed over us when his gaze fixated on me and my sniffles turned loud enough for me to be embarrassed about.

"Sorry, you must be growing annoyed that I'm always crying," I chuckled with shaky voice and hunched while wiping my tears. Even I was annoyed at myself for letting even the smallest thing get to me like this. "What would crying even solve? This is so silly."