2.3. Blood ties

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Tied by blood

Separated by choice

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"I'll be back soon. Even if my cousins come, do not answer the door, okay?"

As I was about to turn and walk through the door, Jungkook suddenly grabbed my wrist, pulling me back. "But where are you going, Ina? You still haven't told me that."

I was planning to keep it a secret not to worry him but the way he was searching my face said he wouldn't let me go like this. Sighing, I forced a smile at him. "To Ilhoon's lab. I'm bringing Auma here."

His eyes almost popped out of their sockets. "R-Really? I'm going back?"

His instant reaction, immense relief that he was leaving prickled my chest but my smile didn't falter. "I hope so. I'll try to bring it here so that you won't have to go outside. Since it's in the storage room, I could easily get it. No one actually cares about the stuff in there."

Biting his lower lip, he nodded. "Be careful, Ina."

My smile grew wider. "It's fine, Jeon Jungkook. I'll be just fine."

With that, I left the apartment as he waved me goodbye and headed to the laboratory. As I walked, I realized how stupid my whimsical 'plan' was. How was I supposed to carry a human sized machine all the way home? Even if I broke it into pieces, I couldn't assemble them together again.

Wait, it had wheels at the bottom, so maybe I could push it down the streets?

I sighed, continuing to walk. Though inconvenient, it was the only way I could send Jungkook back to his world. And fast.

The more time he spent here, the more troublesome it was and I didn't want that.

I wanted him to be safe and sound, happy where he belonged.

•───────────⋅☾ ☽⋅───────────•

"What's your purpose of entering the facility, Miss Ina?"

Here goes nothing.

"I left a machine I was making here. It's for, uh, tanning. Yes, tanning machine. It's in the storage room since it broke down but I wanted to keep it as a memory so I'm here to take it," I spoke to the speaker next to the enormous gate with fingers crossed. "I won't be back here again if that's what you're worried about."

"Understood."

The gate opened much to my surprise and I thanked the man before making my way to the building. The storage room was in the less guarded area, so I hoped I could-

"Halt."

I stopped abruptly and frowned at one of the two guards. "Pardon?"