2.24. Balance and payment

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

I love you

I'll do anything for you

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"W-What?!"

"You mustn't tell anyone about your time rewinding," the creature spoke as I shuddered from its deep, abnormal voice. "One year, one chance. You use a year from your lifespan to get one chance to go back in time for whatever reason. And that is forbidden to be told to anyone else."

"A year... from... my lifespan?" My mouth dropped. "But- I was never told about..."

"Oh, but you were." The black creature slowly circled around me and I tried my best to stop shaking. "There must be a balance. A year from your life can balance the future that's lost from your rewinding. Give and take."

Then, I actually sold my life parts to fix the future I had lived through. And yet, I couldn't save the people I lost.

"And this human," he muttered, circling Jungkook who was frozen in time, "must be collected to balance the secret you spilled. It doesn't matter where he exists, he's been exposed to it."

"Please don't," I screamed, taking a step forward. "I'll do anything. I'll do anything to balance it! It's my fault!"

"You?"

I nodded, still unable to stop trembling. Whatever it was, I had to do it. I would never let him take Jungkook.

"Let's see. You have 28 years left to live now. His life is worth 26 years by his age."

I gulped, seeing where it was going. "From my lifespan?"

"The only price you can pay for him," he confirmed, approaching me, and I looked away, unable to see him out of fear. "Can you give your life? Can you give up your future for him? He resembles your lover, doesn't he?"

"If it's him, I can do it," I immediately agreed to it. "Take it and leave him alone, please."

Whispers occupied my ears once again and warmth surged through me as everything unfroze. Jungkook stood before me, blinking and watching me, and I jumped at him, hugging him tightly with tears blurring my eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Jungkook," I cried out, tightening my arms around his shoulders. "I'm so sorry. I was so stupid."

"W-What's wrong?" He stammered, holding me. "You were shouting so much, looking for me."

It dawned upon me. The deja vu...

Sucking in a breath, I wiped my eyes and walked to Auma to search for a clue again. There was a sticky note plastered on the other side from the one I found the earlier note.

"Don't let him die please! Don't let Joon die!"

"No," I breathed out and quickly took out my phone to call Namjoon.

"Sorry, the number you have dialed-"

"No no no no!"

"Ina?"

I tapped Seojoon's contact and waited for him to pick up.

"Hi-"

"Where's Joonie?!" I screamed through the line. My mind was already reeled into insanity.