Chapter 1

That previous chapter will probably be the only chapter we get in Jason's point of view for a while.

Chapter is just very brief explaining the previous chapter in a diff POV

Update:sike

Rue Watson

"The 10th victim has been identified as 12 year old Alyssa Monroe. Once again, like the other

victims, unknown animal bites have been shown to rest on their neck. Autopsy shows that Alyssa died due to blood loss and shows no sign of physical trauma just as it did with the previous victims. If you know anything about last night's events as well as the previous events please call crime stoppers. Also, please stay safe. Don't walk alone and don't walk around at night. Goodnight.''

"Vampires." Lola says as she turns off the radio. "I'm fucking telling you Rue, it's vampires."

"Bitch, Vampires aren't real. I don't know how many times I have to keep telling you that." I laughed.

My co-worker and best friend Lola, has been obsessed over the thought of vampires taking over the world recently. Only because many murders with the same M.O had been occurring in our town in such close proximity to each other. Also, each of them occurs at night when no one is really outside.

But I continuously tell her it's not vampires. It's probably just a serial killer or something because guess what, mythical creatures don't exist.

"But Rue did you listen to what she said!" She exclaimed. "Same mysterious bite marks, blood loss and this time the victim was 12 years old! The victims clearly vary in age dude! Vampires don't care about age, they just want whatever has blood in them, and that's us humans!! You think a freaking serial killer will just go killing random types of people?!"

I nodded my head. "Yes Lola, and that has happened on many different occasions. You can't just automatically assume it's a vampire."

"I actually think it's perfectly safe to assume it's a vampire. I don't think some random guy would just go around stabbing two holes in peoples necks and drain their blood for fun." She sighed as she looked out the window.

"We are walking home together, right?"

"Actually I can't tonight because I'm literally going to clock out right about-" I waited for the clock to hit 10:45. "Now."

"Really? Why-why so early? You're supposed to be closing with me."

"I have to get ready for my statistics exam tomorrow and I can't fail it. I'm in school on scholarship and I need to maintain a 3.0 gpa and right now I have a 3.1." I explained to her.

Disappointed, she nodded her head and closed my register for me.

"Stay safe I guess." She sighed.

"You too Lola. I'll see you Monday, okay?"

She nodded her head and sent a half-smile. "Don't get bit by any vampires."

I grabbed my bag, waved to a few other people who were working the late shift and headed out.

I was immediately greeted by the warm fall air which sent shivers down my spine.

I'm not going to lie, but after listening to that radio announcer a few minutes ago I am a little on edge. I was very cautious about my surroundings as I made my way towards the bus stop.

I looked at my watch. "10:50."

Okay so the last bus should be here in 10 minutes.

I folded my arms around my body to maintain warmth and began leaning back and forth on my toes in hope that it would soothe my anxiety.