31

Rue

"No, that's not possible." I felt my throat closing as my body grew weaker. "I wouldn't do something like that."

Jeff grabbed my arm and began dragging me further away from my house.

"You went in a fit of rage and blacked out, didn't you?" He sounded disappointed.

"I don't know- I- no." I stuttered.

There's no way I actually went into a fit of rage and killed 8 people. I don't even recall craving blood yesterday so why would I just go and kill 8 people!

"Rue, you did. I had father go to the scene of the crime where he detected your scent. Also, due to the fact that I physically touched you, I am able to access your memories and see what you did."

"B-but why would I do that?" My voice cracked.

What anger would I have to have been in for me to simply rage? I normally never blacked out during my temper tantrums before let alone do something so vile.

"You don't remember?" Jeff looked away and placed his right hand on his chin. "Maybe Dhampirs don't have good memory." He muttered.

"What?"

"Do you want to see it for yourself?" Jeff asked.

"How?"

"It takes a lot of mind manipulation." He sighed. "So this will be very draining on me, but if you really want to see what you've done yesterday, I will show you."

Would I be able to handle seeing me end the lives of 8 people. If I really gain access to those memories, that would only mean that I really did kill people.

No.

"Jeff I can't, I don't know if I can."

Jeff closed his eyes, and placed the palm of his hands together. A strong wind began circling us and I watched in fear as the leaves began spinning hastily around us. After a few seconds, Jeff opened his eyes which were a bright red color.

He began walking closer to me and with each inch his stare began getting more intense. I tried to release my eye contact with him due to the pain of staring at him for this long. But I couldn't. I was locked in his eyes and it really hurt.

My heart rate was beating fast with fear, I felt my palms getting sweaty, and my body getting itchy. I tried to move my legs, but just like my eyes, it was stuck.

"Rue, I'm going to need you to relax." Jeff told me in the softest tone.

As if he was controlling me, I fell into a state of relaxation.

Time stood still and everything around me faded and now my body was now in the dark woods.

"Hello?" I called out—voice echoing.

How did Jeff do this? Did he successfully take me back to yesterday? I can't see this though, I'm not strong enough to witness myself kill multiple people.

"Hello!" I shouted out again, this time my voice was shaky.

I began to become frantic as I started speeding around the Forrest looking for a way out.

That is until I smell something metallic and sweet from a distance.

"Blood." I bit my lip. "Those are people."

I knew exactly what was going to happen.

I tried to walk the opposite way— far enough to get rid of the bloodlust that I was feeling, and I also wanted to escape the sounds of the screaming that I knew I'd hear soon enough.