Chapter 23

Jason

I woke up in an unfamiliar setting. This area was an eerie setting, cold, and very uncomfortable.

To my surprise, I wasn't tied down or anything. I was simply sitting on the ground leaning against a tree.

I let out a sigh of relief when I realized I wasn't staked. I looked around to see if anyone was around me, but no one was here.

Was I abandoned?

I tried to remember what happened and how I ended up here.

After a few seconds, I remembered that my father tried to wipe away my memories again and Jeff swooped in and saved the day.

Where is he? Why would he even save me?

I stood up and cracked my neck.

"Is this good enough?" I heard Jeff's voice from a distance.

"Yes." Another voice coughed out. "This is fine."

The voice sounded extremely weak. I knew exactly who it was.

Francis Russo.

"I used up all the energy that I did have killing some of those bastards."

I wasn't going to run. As nerve-racking as it is, I decided to walk to where they were at. I have a lot of questions about our society, about our history that was stolen from me, and about 13 years ago.

I want to find out if this man really betrayed us, or if there is another side to the story. Although there may be a possibility that he'll want to kill me, I'm willing to take the risk to go and see him. I mean, I was brought here unharmed anyway so that should put me in the clear, right?

"Dad, he was literally so fucking shocked when he saw me." Jeff laughed.

As I walked closer I noticed Jeff's dad laying on a Hammock and Jeff was feeding him.

"Oh Jason. I see you're awake now." Jeff said without looking at me.

"What's going on?" I questioned.

I wasn't really confused. But I just wanted to hear their perspective of everything.

"My father is up." I can hear the literal excitement in his voice.

"Does Rue know?"

"No. She knew I was trying to resurrect him. I told her that the process was going to be finished soon, but I never told her when he would be up."

"Jason." Francis coughed out. "I watched you these past 13 years. You grew up to be an incredible young man. It's sad to see that your father is still a bitch."

I didn't know how to feel about that. I know they hate my father, but I can't bring myself to fully hate him. Yes, I am extremely upset with him, but that's my father whom I've lived with, and known for hundreds of years. He raised me to be what I am today, and it would be hard to fully hate him even after all he's done for me.

Yes he killed my family and lied to me, but I don't know. I feel so conflicted right now. I know I may seem stupid, but I can't help but be unsure.

He's just all I have. Ever since my mother left all those years ago I've just been dependent on him.

"Yeah?" I awkwardly laughed.

I walked closer and noticed Francis' skin becoming normal as he drank the blood.

"Is that animal blood?" I asked.

They both shook their heads.

"Human." Jeff said.