Chapter 4

Lol I lied this chapter is in Jason's point of view

Jason

I sense something.

I sense a strong power that isn't my fathers, or Hunters. This strong power was familiar.

Dani. It's Dani.

Dani is one of us and she happens to be one of my fathers staff. She's extremely powerful in terms of intellect. I'd say you can compare her intellect to the physical strength of the first vampire.

I didn't expect her to be able to sniff out this place. I didn't expect any vampire to sense me from this distance. That's one of the reasons why I came here with Rue. I knew explaining things would take a long time and being that some of my fathers men are out now, I didn't want them to sense me, find me, and see that I kept the girl alive.

Hunter told them everything besides what he didn't know.

Every moment that passed by her smell began getting stronger and stronger thus meaning that she was only getting closer.

She found out. I thought.

Rue. Shit.

She needs to leave.

"Go." I ordered.

"Go?" By her tone I can tell she was a bit confused and nervous.

"You need to go. Now!" I demanded.

Within seconds I heard her footsteps scurrying in the distance. I turned around to make sure she was gone, and turned back towards the direction that Dani should be coming from.

At the right moment, she stood upon me.

"Where's the girl?" She was ready to kill her. She was in her attack mode. Her vampire mode that helps her a lot when she's in battle.

She isn't the best in terms of fighting, but she's so smart that she can easily read her opponent and when whoever she's going up against. She's no match to me, especially a human like Rue.

"How'd you find out?" I stood my ground.

I didn't want anyone to know about me keeping Rue alive. As of now, everyone including my father considers her to be dead.

"Did you kill the bitch?" Hunter asked as I arrived back to the building we were at originally.

I nodded my head and looked off in the distance.

"You sure?" He began sniffing around in hopes to find her scent somewhere.

"Yes Hunter. I have. She's dead. I killed her and hid her body somewhere so no one will find her and figure out one of us killed her." I said while looking him dead in the eyes.

I can tell he was a little suspicious by My response. Yet, instead of asking any other questions, he avoided it.

Hunter told the Levi squad about the girl and how I finally killed a person. He told my dad and all the people who work around my dad. I know I can't reveal the truth to anyone because it will not only hurt me , but hurt Rue as well.

After what happened 200 years ago, I could never hurt another human again. I won't ever hurt another human again.

"Did you forget?" She sniffed around the area in hopes to find Rues scent.

Keeping my posture, I tried to remember what Dani was talking about.

"I can see the future you fucking idiot, and what I saw was that you kept her alive."

Oh yeah, I totally forgot.

Dani Wymen is a 2nd generation vampire and 2nd generation vampires are the ones that possess the ability to see forth the future.

"Dani." I said feeling defeated.

I know I couldn't lie to her. Lying would be pointless. Besides, in her eyes that's probably what she'd see me doing anyways. I need to get her to understand me and not hurt Rue.

"Did you tell anyone that you were coming?" I avoided the question.

"No. But do you realize what you just did Jason? That girl poses a great threat to us, you keeping her alive was probably the dumbest thing you've ever did-"

I cut her off. "You know after what happened to Hayley I couldn't let it happen to anyone else. I won't ever let anyone so vulnerable to die in front of me. I won't kill anyone who's weaker than I Dani, you fucking know it."

"That was over 200 years ago Jason. Get over it." Her attack mode slowly began fading away at the mention of Hayley. I sensed that her heart rate began slowing down, and her facial features began to grow softer.

"Um, hey Jason. I ran like you told me to, but then I think I saw a bear so I came back." Rues voice appeared from behind me.

Instead of turning around to see her, I paid attention to Dani. I'm not blessed with the ability to see the future, and I'm not good at reading one's emotions. I can only read minds. Unfortunately, I can read everyones mind but Dani's. She blocked me out from reading her mind. So as of now, her moves are unpredictable.

She stayed in her normal "human-type" form. But I noticed that the short lived soft expression immediately flipped into a shocked one as Rue casually walked up behind me.

I tried to get into Rues head to see what she was thinking, but because Dani is here, I wasn't able to read her mind. I need to be focused 100% in order to read Rue's mind but I can't do that when I'm focused on something else.

"Don't hurt her." I warned.

"Another vampire?" Rue awkwardly whistled. "Cool."

"Look, I won't hurt her just for your sake Jason. But one wrong move, I will snap her neck, and your neck. Vampire Prince my ass I don't care who you are. When we have someone like her who poses a threat to us I'm not going to be taking much chances."

"Can't you see into the future though." I asked.

"Yes. I can see into your future. But for some reason," Her eyes went towards Rue and she looked at her for a few seconds before turning back to me. "I can't see hers."

With that, Dani turned on her heels and dashed away.

When I was calmed down and sure that Dani was gone, I returned back to my human form.

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding when I turned back to Rue to see she was nearly unfazed by Dani's threat.

"You're not scared?" I questioned.

Normally, that person would run away at the sight of us. They would run away after being threatened to be killed. They would do whatever they can to get away from us. But Rue, she's different. She just stayed.

She began fiddling with her fingers. "Well for some reason I'm not. Yes, it's a little weird but I don't think I've fully processed the situation enough to be scared. Honestly, I do think it's kinda interesting."

I let out a breath of relief knowing she wasn't scared. But I think she should be. She doesn't know what kind of danger she's in at this point now that dangers are near.

Maybe I should've killed her that night, or maybe I should've allowed Hunter to do the deed.

It would've been easier.

Lol nobody's reading this. But at this point I'm just uploading for the sake of uploading