Chapter 7

Rue

Why do I feel like I'm drowning?

Why can't I wake up?

Is that a dead body next to me?

I look above me and see a shadow with a female figure .

Who is it?

Mom? Is that you?

"Rue wake up you lazy bastard!" My brother's annoying voice woke me up from my nightmare.

I guess he's home after being gone for 2 weeks without letting anyone know.

This means I'm going to have to share the bathroom with him and compromise time, share all the snacks with him, and deal with him bringing girls in and out of the house. How great.

I groaned and sat up on my bed.

8:42AM

At this point, I was pretty much wide awake so I got up and headed out my room. But as I was on my way out, my room door collided with my face.

"Jeff you bastard! You fucked up my beautiful face!" I gasped.

I held onto my nose to condense the pain. I was also afraid my nose was going to fall out of place if I didn't hold it in place being that the door hit me that fucking hard.

"Beautiful?" He made a gagging noise. "You look like my ass cheeks, you idiot. Come get your breakfast. I made it."

I squinted my eyes. "You've been gone for 2 weeks. What are you planning?"

"I'm actually not planning anything, baby sis." He tapped my forehead. "I just don't want mom yelling at me so I decided to make a beautiful breakfast for you guys to set the mood for the day."

"Mhm." I pushed him and hurried down to the kitchen.

On the table the plate consisted of pancakes, eggs, bacon, omletes, hash browns, home fries, and sausage, and a few pieces of french toast strips. There was also a fruit bowel which contained a variety of fruit resting in the middle of the table.

Jeff is honestly a wonderful cook. Although he rarely cooks for mom and I, when he does it's probably the best thing in the world.

Gordon Ramsey can't even compare.

"What a beautiful set up." I smelled the delicious food that was waiting to be devoured.

"I'm not doing this again." He said. "Now don't eat anything until I get mom."

I watched as he walked away and then I ran to my seat at the table.

He said not to eat, but I'm technically not eating eating if I just take a tiny tiny piece of this bacon.

Just as I was about to grab the bacon my mothers hand smacked onto mine.

"You know you don't start eating until everyone's at the table! What the hell is wrong with you?"

I placed a hand over my heart because she scared the absolute shit out of me. "Relax. Jeez."

She rolled her eyes and sat at the seat across from me and Jeff sat next to me.

"Mother, I cooked this wonderful breakfast specifically for you today." He forced a smile. "I know you've been working hard to take care of me and our pet rat-"

"Pet rat?" I frowned knowing he was referring to me.

I smacked him hard on the shoulder, but he didn't even flinch.