Rue vs. Hunter part 1

Not edited

Rue

It took Jason and I about 15 minutes to reach Hunter and Samuel who were currently battling it out. Samuel looked a complete mess. There was blood running from his head, his nose was broken and not healing quickly--same with his wounds. His clothes were nearly destroyed as he had many holes in his jeans that weren't there before, and his shirt had burn marks on it.

However, despite the conditions he was in, he still looked to be holding strong.

Jason and I hid behind a tree and discussed how I'm going to attract Hunter's attention and once his attention is solely on me, he would run in towards Samuel. We scratched out the extra blood bag plan because that would be impossible to get the blood bag and have me drink it while running from Hunter because I can't even run and breathe, so it would've been hard for me to run and drink. Also if Hunter knows that me drinking the blood bag would only increase my strength, he would only avoid me at all costs and target Jason or Samuel which is what we are trying to avoid.

An arm flying past us and a piercing scream caught us off guard as I flinched and moved closer into Jason.

"Oh fuck." I said behind a clenched jaw.

The arm looked like none other than Hunter's arm.

"Looks like he's doing well out there." Jason said, staring at the arm in amusement.

I didn't realize how close we were until I turned to his direction, and looked up in his Green eyes. My heart rate started to increase as I wasn't this close to him in a long time. All my feelings for him that I put behind me somehow seeped through the cracks it was contained in, and slowly began dripping out.

His scent, his body, everything about him made my heart race.

Rue your emotions are heightened and you need to learn how to control it.

Jeff's voice began popping up in my head.

He's right, what I'm feeling right now could just be an over exaggeration of my real feelings. What I could be actually feeling right now is probably less than what I physically feel in my body.

Shake it off Rue, shake it off. I told myself.

I took a few deep breaths before backing up away from Jason. I know he noticed what I was feeling because of the way he was staring at me. Lucky for me, he just brushed it aside and didn't act on it.

"I think this is the perfect time to start our plan." Jason said after peeking in on Samuel and Hunter. "They are at a distance from each other and just seem to be standing there."

I looked in the direction of Hunter and Samuel and agreed.

"Rue." Jason said.

"Yes?" I asked. I hope he doesn't want to back out of the plan now.

"I'm sorry for what I've said to you the other day." He wasn't looking at me when he said that.

"Yeah?" I uncomfortably responded not wanting to get mushy now. "D-don't worry about it."

"Okay." He pressed his lips together.

"Let's move in."

I sprinted towards Samuel and Hunter and yelled.

"Hunter!"

They both turned in my direction. Samuel was evidently stunned at my sudden appearance and risky move. And Hunter seemed incredibly amused.

"You look just like your father, Rue." Hunter's deep voice echoed across the field.

You could literally feel the ground shake due to the bass of his voice, and that made me shudder.