Chapter 8

Rue

I was pretty much distracted this whole period for three reasons.

One. My mom and brother got into a big argument and I can't help but feel overwhelmed by it.

Two, I can't seem to remember what happened this weekend.

And three, this bruise seems to keep passing through my mind and as much as it's freaking me out, I'm doing my best to remain calm about it.

Once my last class of the day was over I headed out to the front of the school where I was greeted by the back of some guy.

"Bastard fucking watch your step!" I shouted as painfully I landed flat on the ground.

It's so bad having a flat ass.

Every time I fall I feel like I broke one off my butt bones. The lack of fat down there isn't doing me so well.

The guy ignored me and didn't turn around.

"What I do know is that you aren't deaf because if you were deaf, I'm pretty sure that news would circulate around the college pretty quickly." I stood up and grabbed my bags.

It's true. My college is like another high school. We are a big college but if you're in with the crowd, you usually know everything. I'm definitely not in with the crowd, but my friends are and things spread like wildfire here. It's childish, but it also provides a weird sense of comfort for me.

The guy slowly turned around and took a quick glance at me before his eyes opened in shock.

I pretty much copied what he did in mockery.

"So you didn't feel me hit your body?" I made it clear I was annoyed by this bastard.

"It worked?" He gasped.

"What worked?" I questioned.

He began scanning my body as if he was looking for something. I felt the heat emitting from my body in embarrassment.

Why is this weirdo looking at me like that?

I noticed his eyes widened even more when it landed on my neck.

"Your neck." He placed his hand on his neck and cringed.

I took my phone out and put the camera on my neck.

The makeup is still there. What is he talking about?

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"I can- you know what. Never mind. I just wanted to see if it actually worked." A sad expression came across his face.

He placed his hands in his pockets and began to walk away.

But not before a familiar voice called out for him.

"Wait! Jason, where are you going!" I turned to the source of the voice and saw Gia half jogging towards him.

Jason? Who the fuck is he and how does she know him?

He forced a smile as she wrapped him in her arms.

"We just met today, calm down." He politely pushed her back.

"How do you two know each other? I never saw him around campus, let alone the neighborhood." I am so fucking confused.

"I met him in the cafè down the block. He was sitting there looking all defeated. Then he asked me if you're here. I found it a little weird and thought he was a serial killer but," she walked closer to me and tiptoed so she was at ear level. "You see how hot this dude is? And he knows you!"