Chapter 16.2

Jason

"Samuel!" I shouted as I swung his door open.

When my father said that someone purposely wiped away our memories of whatever happened 13 years ago, I knew Samuel was the only person powerful enough who's capable of doing that.

"What." He closed his book, and took off his glasses.

"What the fuck happened 13 years ago and why did you wipe away all of our memories!" I yelled.

I don't care who heard me at this point. I am upset and I want everyone to know how angry I am.

"And why does that man with a stake in his heart look like Rue's elder brother!"

He looked up at me in complete shock.

"So that's what the code 42 was about?" He whispered to himself.

He grinned for a quick second before playing it off like nothing happened.

I didn't give him time to answer my first question before I started to adamantly throw more questions at him.

"Why is it that the council members and police force remember this whole betrayal scheme and not Hunter and I?!"

Everyone knew about Francis Russo besides Hunter and I. There has to be a reason. I tried to consider the fact that he was still upset with me about the whole baby situation so he didn't trust me enough to tell me.

But why didn't he tell Hunter? Why were his memories wiped away? Cause of our bond?

"I didn't think I would have to tell you this Prince." He sighed and leaned back in his chair.

I felt myself growing more angry. "Tell me what."

I can tell he was looking for the right way to explain the situation to me. I sat and patiently waited for about two minutes before he actually said anything.

"Your father isn't as good as everyone makes him out to be, and our history is pretty complex."

"What does that even mean?" I took a seat at the edge of his bed.

"I-I promised him Prince. I promised him I wouldn't say anything. I gave him my word for my life, and my family's life." His tone lowered.

I do recall him telling me he had children.

Those who work alongside my father (council members, police officials) aren't allowed to have a family. My father and the first queen were the only exception because of their status.

He got up and turned the television on so father wouldn't hear us.

"I have triplets, two daughters and a son. They're all around 100 at this point. They are Dhampirs, so they're half breeds and I know how your father feels about half breeds. He threatened to kill them, and around 99 years ago, my wife died during the birth of them so she was already out of the picture. " He began explaining. "He felt that half breeds were a threat to pure vampires. Once he found out I had 3 he was upset and wanted to get rid of us, but I knew his darkest secrets, I carried out his schemes, there was no one who could do what I could do. So after I threatened him he promised to protect my kids and keep me alive as long as I do anything he says. I wiped away their memories of me and I gave him my word. I regret doing that. I'd rather be dead than live in constant fear of something happening. Your father is an evil man Jason,"

"-Remember the slaughter of the second generation vampires?" He started to sound serious.

"Please don't tell me you killed them."

The massacre of the second generation vampires had to be one of the most horrific things in the history of vampires. Many of the people that I grew up with were slaughtered. Many of my fathers men and women were brutally killed and I watched unable to do anything.

I couldn't do anything to protect them.

The tattoo on my arm signifies their importance. It keeps them alive in a way. It's just the date and an outline of the home they lived in.

Dani Wymen was the sole survivor of the massacre.

It would crush me to know one of ours carried out the killing of the second generation. It would kill me even more to know that it was Samuel. I find myself getting closer with him each day, and if this bond is broken, I see myself losing trust in everyone and, if a vampire pulled out this crime, I'd kill everyone including myself.

"No, your father did and he did it with someone else."

My breathing hitched. My throat began getting tight as I lost all sense of feeling in my body. I leaned against the wall and began pulling at my hair.

My father killed all those people? What reason would he have for doing that? They were the most loyal to my father. They're literally the second generation and held incredible abilities! They can see the fucking future! They are highly smart and more is better than one so why is Dani alive and the others are dead!

"Your father had me manipulate everyone's memories into believing Francis and his son carried out that crime. He took his son, and locked him in a freezer and Francis was hated."

"This is fucking bullshit. You're lying to me!" I placed my hand over my heart.

I felt betrayed. My father is not evil. My father is the Vampire King. There's no way he'd do something that would jeopardize that.

"Francis was a good man after being shunned by the whole society. He wanted to live a normal life, so he left the home. Things were seemingly going well for him, that is until 13 years ago he found out Francis had-,"

The conversation was cut short when my father walked into the room.

"Samuel." He looked upset and concerned. "We need to talk."

Samuel nervously looked at me.

"Why do you need to talk to him?" I feared that he heard some of the conversation.

If he heard him talking, that means Samuel would die. I swallowed hard, but tried to stand confidently.

"We need to come up with a plan if Francis wakes up." He seemed oblivious to the conversation.

"That's what code 42 was about?" Samuel pretended he didn't know anything.

"Yes, now come on. We need to talk now while everything is calm." My father turned on his heel and headed out the room.

I still had more questions.

I still need to know more things about Francis Russo.

I wanted to know more about the slaying of the second generation vampires

I also had to ask about Rue. Her mother told me something very weird the other day and I want him to verify.