Chapter 9

Rue

Damn, I'm hot.

Gia really outdid herself with this one.

The dress fit even better than it did last year. It shows off my curves wonderfully and goes perfectly with my tanned skin. Gia straightened my normally curly hair, and added some extensions for more density and length. She originally wanted to curl it, but I just tucked the front of my hair behind my ears and pinned it with a bobby pin to show off my face structure and my long neck.

I put on white pearl earrings and a small regular cheap necklace that was nearly rusting ( I refuse to buy an expensive real necklace that my irresponsible ass would probably lose) and some black open toed heels.

I didn't really want to wear makeup to a karaoke bar because I knew it would be hot and sweaty, but I did put on some mascara to make my eyelashes look a little longer, along with some concealer to hide my eye bags.

It barely worked.

This is why I wear fake eyelashes.

"We look good." Gia whistled as she looked at us in the mirror. "Let's hope Lola and Fran don't look crazy."

"Where are you two going?" Gias father's voice caused me to lose balance and fall down on my ass.

This family has a bad habit of scaring the shit out of me with sudden appearances and outbursts.

"Did you Forget already dad?"

"No I didn't, I just want to hear it from Rue." His eyes landed on me.

"We are going to a karaoke bar Mr. Thompson." I told him.

He gave me a questioning look as if I was lying before walking away.

"He's so annoying." Gia whispered as we hurried towards her car. "He acts like he doesn't remember anything."

"Damn." I said as I took in Lola and Frans appearance.

One thing I can say about my friend group is, as innocent as we may look on the outside, we are one fucking sexy ass group of friends and I love them.

"You guys look great!" Fran gave us hugs.

"You do too, baby girl! I love your shoes, where'd you get them from?" Gia sarcastically said.

When I looked down at Fran's shoes, I noticed they were the ones that Gia ordered online last year. She let Fran borrow them for a date a few weeks ago and she never gave them back.

"Your closet if it wasn't obvious enough." She smiled.

"I need those back after today."

"Give me till Friday. I have a date on Thursday and these shoes make me look like a model."

"Can you even walk in those?" I asked.

Those heels were really tall. I don't think I would be able to walk in them.

"She fell a few times on the way, but I think she's getting the hang of it." Lola laughed as she glanced at the shoes.

I laughed at the thought of Fran falling over and her making that dramatic ass noise so people could feel bad for her and help her up.

"Where are these boys at?" Gia said to herself as she began looking around and checking the time on her phone.

"Are they even hot?" Fran asked.

"I don't care about appearance honestly, I'm just here for the food." Lola laughed.

"Aren't we all." Fran mocked.