38

Sorry the beginning of this chapter is kind of awkward.

Also sorry if this chapter is rushed I'm trying to get to the important parts fast.

Rue

"He's this way." Jason spoke lowly, most likely referring to Samuel.

He turned around and walked through the entrance he came in, and I followed after.

"When was this built?" I said to myself taking in my surroundings.

The hut wasn't a gigantic hut, but it was big enough to be a suitable home for Jeff, Jason, and my father as well as a guest. It was honestly a comfortable setting. The walls were brown, very similar to tree bark, there were minor decorations around as well. Nothing flowery though— it is the middle of the winter, however there were materials that looked to be lost in the hut.

Much to my surprise, there was also furniture. It wasn't clean, but it wasn't in horrible conditions either, like I wouldn't be scared to lay down on the couch.

"Your dad built this by himself yesterday." Jason responded.

I don't know why, but for some reason when he responded to me, it made my heart skip a beat.

"Oh." I simply said.

The walk to where Samuel was luckily was short. When I entered the room he was in, I spotted Samuel sitting in the corner of the room in a zen position. His eyes were glowing red, similar to when we met at that abandoned building.

"I see you're feeling better Samuel." Jason greeted.

When Samuel realized we were in the room, he transformed back into his human state, and shot us a small nod.

"Physically, I am better. However, for my eye, my power is now very limited. I don't know why but I can't hold this position for as long as I used to." He pointed to his eyes.

"Maybe you need some more blood. I'll go get some." As Jason was about to exit the room Samuel stopped him.

"Jason no. I would like to heal naturally, not drown myself in blood."

"Naturally? Samuel you're a vampire, nothing about you is natural." Jason sounded irritated.

Samuel sighed, stood up from the floor and smiled at me. "Nice to see you doing better Rue."

"Are you okay?" I dismissed his greeting.

Although Samuel looked normal, his skin was still paler than usual, and he wasn't as muscular as he was previously. It made me feel extremely bad for him.

"Yes, I am. Your father healed me with some of his blood." He put emphasis on some. "I didn't want it all because I want my healing process to be as natural as possible."

Jason was about to start scolding him again, but Samuel put a hand up, and Jason immediately closed his mouth.

"I heard about everything that's going on with Hunter, and your mother." Samuel noted.

"Did you know Hunter was always like that?" I asked.

He must know, right? He's a part of the council and one of the most notable vampires in his community if I'm not mistaken.

"Honestly." He sighed. "No, I didn't know that he was always a demon-vamp. I didn't even know there was such a thing."

"Wow." I exhaled.

I looked around for a place to sit, and ended up sitting on the couch that was by the window of the room.

"A glass window too?" I said, observing the window. "Dad must be really talented."