Chapter5

Rue

Knowing that vampires really exist is scary, but it makes me pretty excited.

Seeing that vampire lady also made me realize how ugly I am. Like holy fuck she was gorgeous.

She had beautiful hazel eyes, different from Jason's. She had long straight brown hair that went down to her back. Her skin was a nice medium brown. She had a model-like structure that almost every girl in my school wishes for; tall but with curves in the right places. I know if she went to my high school, all of the boys would be on her. Holy fucking shit.

What if all vampires are actually gorgeous like her.

I need to step my game up.

I can tell she didn't like me though. When I saw the bear and came running back to Jason because I didn't want to be mauled by it, from this distance I saw that she was upset.

She said I was a "threat to their race". When I already made it clear I wasn't going to say anything. But maybe she sees something different.

"So.." I said, trying to clear the tension.

Jason shot me a sympathetic look and turned back not daring to face me.

"Jason?" I took a step towards him.

"Igotyouintothis." He mumbled.

"W-what'd you say?" Although I heard him, I just want him to speak up.

"I got you into this." He said again.

"Got me into what?" Even though I already knew what he meant, I still asked.

I just want to hear it from him.

"I should've just killed you."

Okay what the fuck is he talking about. He should not be having regrets because he decided to do a good deed.

He clenched his fists and his jaws and stayed facing away from me.

I took another step towards him.

"Dude, what the fuck are you talking about." I chuckled in hope to lighten the mood. "You sound insane. You saved a life."

When I got close enough, I placed a hand on his shoulder and turned him around. Because of how awkward and physical this was getting, I quickly removed my hand and stepped back. Thankfully he didn't turn back around, but instead he stared at the ground avoiding eye contact with me.

"Why are you being so dramatic? Is this some type of movie?" I sarcastically looked for hidden cameras. "Or are we in some type of book? Just talk to me like a regular person. Don't filter anything. I won't even think about you differently anyways- I mean, I don't even think anything of you yet. You're a vampire who saved my life and now I am interested in knowing about you."

It's true. I don't even see him as anything yet and he should see me as anything yet either. He's clearly compassionate towards humans and I applaud him for that. But being that he already exposed himself to me and now has to "babysit" me, he shouldn't hide anything from me.

"My life's at risk now, is it?" I folded my arms across my chest.

"Yeah, and it's my fault." He said softly.

In order to make Jason feel better, I decided to call bluff. I didn't know any other way to make him feel better, but this situation is awkward and maybe getting him to feel this way might change the awkwardness and tension that I'm feeling.

I cleared my mind and said, "Kill me then." I tried to hide the many emotions I was feeling.

He finally turned to me and I noticed the change of color in his eyes. His eyes were now a glistening Green, evidently different from what I saw in front of the school earlier, yet similar to how it was last night.