26

Rue

"How did you do that? Are you half-shapeshifter?! I shouted as Jason's father tightened his grip on me.

This man fucking did something I was unable to fully process, and the end result was me being tied up in some metal chains.

"No." He simply stated. "It was just really easy to get into your head. You were talking to me the whole time. You just thought I was Samuel."

We began walking towards some van that was across the street. A white van. At this point, I began getting extremely nervous. Jeff said this man was evil. I need to escape, I have to escape.

He's going to kill me. I feel like he's seriously going to kill me.

"What do you want from me?"

"I'm using you as bait." He said as I opened the back of the van.

"Bait?! For what!"

"Three things," he sighed. "My son, your father, and your brother."

I didn't respond. There was nothing for me to say. I actually didn't know what to say. He threw me in the van and slammed the back of the door and walked to the driver's seat.

"I see you haven't unlocked your vampire side yet. That makes this much easier for me." He chuckled to himself. "Also this means I probably won't end up having to kill you."

The hairs on my skin stood up as he said that and I felt my stomach sink. He said that like it was nothing. This man must be a sadist.

"How long did you know I was alive?"

"Well I always knew you were alive. I knew Francis had a child out there somewhere I just didn't know that you were that child. I knew who you were for about two days? I was never able to get into my son's head. No one was, so I couldn't tell what he was thinking until that day when he was in a state of full panic which allowed me to get into his head and hear what he was thinking."

"Panic?" I began to become worried.

What could Jason possibly panic about? Something is wrong. I need to find him.

"Also, I had Dani do some snooping. I believe Samuel kept a small container of your blood which then verified that he had a child out here somewhere."

Samuel?

"Where's Samuel?"

"Oh I don't know." He sarcastically responded. "Probably locked in a cell somewhere for disobeying the king in front of the council, probably will end up being executed as well." Once again he said it like it was nothing.

My blood began boiling as I realized I can't do anything to stop this. He's right with what he said earlier. I am a liability. I'm weak. I'm practically just a human at this point.

I wasn't defeated yet though. I am still very determined to get out of this crap of a van, this will not be the end of me.

I began looking around the back of the van to see if I could find anything useful that could help.

Blood bags? Are those blood bags ?

In the corner of the van I saw a stack of blood bags and on it was the name of a hospital in another state.

Jake Memorial Hospital.

Human blood?

No.

I can fight him another way. If he has physical strength, I can use my wits. I could possibly manipulate him to let me go.

"Man, one thing I hate about humans is how bad you all drive." He groaned.

"I thought you respected humans." I said to him. "Jason told me you guys want to coexist with them, but without them knowing your true identity."