Chapter 21

Rue

"She's such a bitch." Jeff's grip on the broom became tighter until it eventually snapped in half.

I flinched at the sound the broom made.

"What did she do? Why do you hate her so much?"

"She helped that fucking bastard kill the second generation of vampires." He looked down. "And her future telling ability is such bullshit. She can't even see the future of all the vampires, she can only see her own. If she could, then she would be able to stop disasters from occurring and keep everything at bay. The second generation vampires that were killed were much better at doing that."

"So how did the second generation of vampires not know that they were about to be massacred by one of their own?" I questioned.

"Gaslighting, and simple mind manipulation by King. A trait that he learned from humans which at first, we vampires were vulnerable too. I don't have all the facts so I can't guarantee  that the information I'm sharing with you is entirely accurate. All I know is that they did not go down without a fight, but unfortunately, they did not win."

My eyes opened in horror as I recalled Jason feeling upset when he mentioned the second generation vampires the second day I saw him. Dani isn't good, his father isn't good? I wonder if he has ever hinted at the corrupt vampire "government".

I noticed that man—Samuel—call him Prince meaning he's most likely up next in line to be King, and if he's up next to be king will he continue running the vampire society the way it is?

Will he even be able to attain all the powers he should considering vampires don't die? His father will technically still be known as King then they will pretty much have 2 kings-

I'm confused. What the hell is going on?

"This is all so confusing to me." I sat down at the table and pressed my fingers on the temples of my head. "Dani said I'm a danger to the vampire race a few weeks ago. If she can't tell the future how would she know that."

"She said that with the presumption that you're human. Most humans and vampires don't mix. Humans are naturally a threat to vampires but they aren't strong enough to be considered an actual threat."

"I'm still confused."

Jeff sighed and said nothing more.

I guess that was all for our little vampire conversation. I didn't want to pressure him into saying more. Besides, he said he can't tell me much, he probably won't even tell me why Dani did what she did.

I am a very curious person, but I'm curious with caution. I don't like to pressure people to say things that make them feel intense emotions.

So with that abrupt ending, I sighed, and walked to my room.

"Don't tell mom that we had this conversation please." I heard Jeff call out.

"I won't." I softly said knowing he'd hear me.

I looked towards the time. 5:46 pm. Mom won't be back till late tonight. I'm supposed to call Jason later as well. I actually forgot what I wanted to tell him, and also I don't want to tell him anything. I might burst out in tears again.

I decided to take a nap to help ease my mind off the situation.

"So now you know." When I woke up, the man in black from when I passed out the first time was hovering over me.

I sat up from my bed and screamed.

"Who are you!" I tried to get up from the bed but I was restrained again. Just like last time.