34

Just for reference Alexander= King he will be referred to as Alexander in this chapter, but from Rues perspective, he will be called 'King'.

Rue

"What are you doing here?" I said behind clenched teeth.

"I'm just here to have dinner with this very lovely lady I met the other night. Who knew she could be your mother." He smiled at my mother as if she was a snack and he wanted to eat her.

"Oh?" My mother said, confused. "I didn't know you two knew each other."

"Yes we know each other alright." I scoffed.

King and Haley walked into my house as if they lived here. And with each step they took coming further into my home, the more rage I felt.

This is wrong. This is completely wrong. They have to be here for a reason, there's no other reason they'd be here. They literally just tried to kill me a few days ago.

"Rue, can you go show Alexander's daughter around while we go set up the table?" My moms normally low pitched voice appeared higher this time.

It made me feel nauseous.

"No." I placed my hands in my back pocket.

"Rue." She warned.

I sucked my teeth in annoyance. "Whatever."

I'm not doing that shit.

I watched intently as King and my mom walked towards the dining room.

When they were out of view, I turned towards Haley and began glaring at her.

"What do you want?" I spat.

She shrugged and looked around my living room. "Oh, nothing.". Her tone was extremely mocking.

"You don't speak to me like that in my house, bitch." I wasn't going to hold back against this girl after the torture she's put me through.

If she and King are planning something, I am going to figure it out.

"Okay, I apologize, Rue." She sarcastically held her hands up in defense and slyly smirked at me.

I took my left hand out of my pocket and forced her against the wall.

"Listen you fucking bitch." I gripped her neck harder. "You or King touch my mother I swear, I will rip your head off so fucking fast-."

She cut me off. "Like you did to those little boys right?"

My grip loosened on her as I didn't expect her to say that. She got out of my grip and walked to the other side of me.

"Oh, you thought I didn't know about that huh. Maybe learn to control your temper sometime." She chuckled.

I glared hard at her as she walked to my couch and threw herself on it as if she lived here.

"Very comfortable couch. May I ask, is this your fathers, or your mothers."

I decided against making small talk with her and pulled my phone out of my coat pocket.

I have to text Jeff. He has to tell dad that he needs to come over here and end this now. This isn't safe for me, or my mom.

Especially my mom.

But as I pulled out my phone, Haley ended up in front of me, quickly snatched my phone, and threw it to the ground.

"Oops." She shrugged.

"You bitch!" I shouted as I punched her right in her lower jaw.

I watched as she flew to the further end of the living room- body slamming hard against the wall.