Ch.3

Dib was sitting on the sofa, watching Mysterious Mysteries.

"Dib, what are you doing?" Asked Gaz, walking down the stairs. She was wearing a light blue T-shirt with an old school video game character on it, a black skirt, black leggings, and a pair of dark blue boots. She also had short purple hair.

"I've been up ALL night watching Mysterious Mysteries, Gaz. It was an all night marathon" said Dib, staring blankly at the screen. His hair was all messed up and unkempt, and he was still wearing the clothes he had worn yesterday. There were three, large, empty bowls of popcorn, chips, and nachos next to him on the sofa, AND two entire packs of empty soda cans spilled everywhere. There was an entire notebook worth of papers ripped out and crumbled around him.

"You were up all night? On a school night?" Asked Gaz, opening one eye and glaring at her brother suspiciously.

"IT WAS A SCHOOL NIGHT!?" screamed Dib, alarmed.

Gaz scoffed and crossed her arms.

"Yah. It's Friday" said Gaz, angrily.

"B-But...I thought YESTERDAY was FRIDAY!" Exclaimed Dib, jumping off the sofa and rushing around, trying to clean the place up.

Their father was usually at the lab, but if he came home to see THIS mess, he wouldn't be very happy.

"Well you're wrong. I'm going ahead so I won't be late. I could care less about what happened to you" stated Gaz, opening the door and walking out, making sure to slam it shut to emphasize how angry she was.

Dib just about had a heart attack when he finally arrived to school.

He burst into the classroom, the door slamming against the wall before slamming shut in Dib's face.

Dib screamed in pain as the door smashed into his nose.

He slammed the door open a second time, making sure to be more gentle this time.

Dib walked in, holding his nose in pain.

"DIB! You're late for class. SIT DOWN AND STOP BEING SO ANNOYING!" Yelled Miss. Bitters.

"Yesh Missh. Bittersh" said Dib, still holding his nose.

Dib sat down at his desk and sigh.

He glanced over at where Zim would normally sit.

He was puzzled to find the seat empty.

He shrugged.

"Maybe he'sh jusht running late. He'll be here" whispered Dib to himself.

Hours passed and still no sign of the Irken.

It was already lunch and Dib was starting to worry.

He was sitting at one of the lunch tables, next to his little sister, Gaz, of course.

He had quickly gone to the nurse's office and had his nose bandaged up. Now he had a white bandage covering his nose, considering the bone broke and needed time to heal.

Stupid door. Why did it slam back into his face?

Dib glanced around the cafeteria, confused.

"Who are you looking for Dib?" Asked Gaz, playing whatever game she was playing on her Game Slave II.

"Zim. He hashn't shown up for classh yet. I'm worried-" started Dib, but was cut off by Gaz.

"WHAAA--? YOU'RE worried about ZIM!?" Asked Gaz sarcastically, opening one eye and glaring up at her brother in disgust.