Ch.40

With Zim

Tallest Purple had sent Zim a package. 

They finally managed to make the transporter two-way, so now they were able to send things to other Invaders, and the Invaders could send the item back in case there was any damage to the product to be fixed or replaced. 

Zim shook his head. 

He’d been living on Earth for too long. It makes sense he would grow accustomed to their way of living. 

Zim opened the package and smiled. 

In the box, there were four medals of honor. 

They looked like Earth military medals, only instead of gold, they were made of Ironium, a rare metal that appears a blackish-silver in color. It was discovered by Tallest Spork when he had been an Invader, before becoming an Elite. It’s a strong, rare metal that Irkens use to make metals for Elites who did something to help Irk, such as leading successful rescue missions and attacks against enemies to the Empire. 

They are normally just metal, but these medals look different. 

Zim noticed immediately that instead of being plain Ironium, they had a blue Miyukinite crystal in the shape of the Irken Invader symbol. Miyukinite had been discovered by Tallest Miyuki when she was an Invader. She had also discovered the crystal that had been used to make up the joints of Zims mechanic spider legs, Arcknimanium. And instead of a combination of red and purple ribbon, it was just purple with some lighter purple stripes. 

Purple must have had these medals made specially for the Heroes of Irk, since that honor had been recently created.  

Zim smiled and picked up the medals. They had their names engraved in Irken (Vortian for Lard Nar) above the blue Irken shaped crystal. 

“Lard Nar!” called Zim, looking up. 

The Vortian walked into the room, eating what appeared to be a slice of bread. 

“What?” asked Lard Nar grouchily, jumping up onto the sofa and slouching back, glaring at the TV screen. 

Zim was confused by his change in mood. 

“Uhh-” said Zim, trying to think on how he should ask. 

Knowing what the Irken would ask, Lard Nar swallowed the bread he was chewing and glared at Zim.

Zim back away a bit from the angry Vortian, raising his arms in surrender. 

“If you’re wondering, I got a message from Tallest Purple. He said that three of the members of the Resisty escaped the Irken prison” said Lard Nar, biting into the piece of bread and ripping a chunk off. 

Zim’s eyes widened in shock. 

“How!? And Who were the three?” asked Zim, worried they might be coming back for revenge. 

Their former leader HAD ruined their chances of freedom afterall. 

“He told me they were Shlooktapooxis, Spleenk, and one of the Meekrob, I think one of the females? I don’t remember, or maybe I don’t care? I don’t care anyway” said Lard Nar angrily, slouching further into the sofa with a mouth full of bread. 

“Ok, and-?” said Zim, about to ask HOW they escaped. 

“They built a teleporter that only worked on the three of them. Apparently from what the other prisoners told Purple, they had ALL tried to escape, but the teleporter short-circuited at the last moment and only teleported the three aliens who were the closest. They made it from an old Vortian radio that had been left in the cell. They ended up on the surface of Ikr and stole one of the Vortian Spittle Fighters” explained Lard Nar grumpily, crossing his arms as he swallowed the last piece of bread.