Ch.24

Zim was standing outside, looking up at the sky in anticipation for the arrival of the Irken Prisoner Escort ship.

It was late at night, and Zim had brought Skoodge, Tak, Gaz, Dib, Gir, and Minimoose to meet the Escort ship.

The ship was supposed to meet them in the park sometime at 9:00pm. They didn't want to attract the attention of the humans.

Dib and Gaz were sitting on the ground, looking up at the sky, waiting. Gaz had her Game Slave carrier slung over her shoulder, but she wasn't playing on it. Skoodge was keeping Gir and Minimoose occupied by reading them a human story book. Tak was leaning against one of the trees, listening to music and drawing something on her Holopad.

"Hey Zim, why did you want me and Gaz to come? Isn't this supposed to be an....alien.....thing?" asked Dib, trailing off awkwardly.

He did not word that last part properly.

"Yes, I am aware of that, but I need your assistance with something. I have been thinking it through, and have come to the only other conclusion I can think of" said Zim, not taking his eyes away from the star-filled night sky.

A slight breeze blew past them. It sent a chill down their spines, but it was a nice, warm night. Not too cold.

"And what is it?" asked Dib curiously, cocking his head to the side.

Zim sigh.

"I need you to take Gir and Minimoose. Take care of them while I deal with Skoodge, Tak, and Lard Nar. With the six of us all in one base, I won't be able to handle everything on my own, even with the help of computer" said Zim quietly.

"WHAT!? No, Zim, we can't take Gir and Minimoose from you-" said Dib, trying to argue.

"It is only temporary, and Zim does not know how much he can take. Even with Hologram Miyuki guiding me, I will not be able to keep myself together for long. You know how Gir can be, and Minimoose will be able to help you take care of him" said Zim, not moving or looking away from the night sky.

Dib was about to say no, but Gaz beat him to the answer.

"Yes Zim, we'll take care of them for you" she said after rolling her eyes at her brother.

Zim turned his head slightly and looked at Gaz.

"Gaz-" started Dib, but was interrupted when she punched his arm hard. Dib rubbed his arm in pain and glared at his sister.

"We'll take care of Gir and Minimoose for you. I'LL take care of them myself if I have to" said Gaz with determination.

A small smile crept its way on Zim's face, grateful.

"Thank you Gaz-human" said Zim, smiling.

The antenna hiding under his wig perked up slightly when he heard the sound of a ship entering Earth's atmosphere.

The three Irkens and two humans looked up at the sky, seeing one of the smaller Prisoner Escort ships coming down for a landing.

Zim and Skoodge stood at attention, waiting in anticipation. Tak just rolled her eyes and went back to drawing on her Holopad, listening to music. Dib and Gaz both stood up, keeping close to Zim.

The ship landed just in front of them, the door sliding open, a small ramp coming down.

Two Irken guards came down, both keeping a tight hold of Lard Nar's arms, which had been cuffed in front of him with advanced alien handcuffs. There was also a metal mask covering half of his face, restricting him from speaking. There was also a metal neck piece around his neck, a blinking green light, indicating that the electric shock collar was on and ready to shock him if he were to ever try to attack someone.