Ch.17

Zim, Dib, and Gaz were at school, sitting on the front steps near the entrance.

It was recess, and all the other kids were playing with whatever they could find.

Dib was busy typing up a report to the Swollen Eyeballs, telling them about the new leader of Irk, and how he was much kinder than he used to.

Gaz was playing on her Game Slave. She had bought a Game Slave carrier, that way she would be able to carry the game console in it without having it getting lost again. It was basically a black bag that hung from her left shoulder, hanging just above her right hip.

Zim was watching Dib type, making sure he wouldn't reveal too much about the Irken Empire.

Zim felt his antenna twitch under his black wig.

He felt a presence approaching the three from behind.

Turning, Zim looked back and saw none other than the orange haired boy, standing behind them.

"OH! HI ZIM!" screeched Keef loudly, startling the two Membrane siblings, causing them to turn and look in shock.

Zim had flinched at the sheer screechiness of the voice.

"Keef..." said Zim, trailing off.

The last time he had seen the boy was when he had pushed him away, leaving him in the middle of the hallway, sitting on the floor and looking up at the Irken in shock.

"HEYA THERE BUDDY!" said Keef, smiling. The boy quickly walked over and pushed Dib aside, sitting between the human and Irken.

"Hey! Watch what you're doing! You could have broken my laptop!" exclaimed Dib, barely catching his laptop before it could slide off his lap completely.

Keef turned and glared daggers at the boy, his attitude changed completely.

"Oh, I'm sorry Dib. I didn't mean it" said Keef, venom dripping with each word he said.

The three were officially creeped out and scared of the boy, even Gaz had to admit she was a little creeped out.

"Wha-?" started Dib, confused.

Zim and Gaz saw the look of Keef's face and exchanged glances before standing up and stepping back, away from the orange haired kid.

Dib also stood up, stepping away, closing his laptop.

"YOU stole my BEST FRIEND away from me! I was Zim's BEST FRIEND! NOT YOU! Why did you REPLACE ME!?" yelled Keef, now angry and livid.

The three gasped in shock.

They never knew Keef could get angry like this. He was normally very happy and positive.

"You were never my friend in the first place, pathetic Earth skum! I was only using you to make the other pathetic humans believe I wa-I-I mean..I AM HUMAN!!!!" yelled Zim, catching himself.

Gaz, putting her game away, prepared for a fight.

She could sense one coming.

"B-But...I thought we were friends...You were my best friend Zim! I-I.....I love you!" said Keef desperately, stepping towards the Irken in disguise.

Zim scowled as he stepped back.

Dib gasped, now understanding why Keef was acting this way.

Gaz growled in anger and stepped in front of Zim, ready for a fight.

"Not another step Keef, unless you want to die a slow, painful death" growled Gaz angrily.

Keef glared at her now.