Ch.29

With Zim

Zim entered his base, coming back from school. 

He had told Dib and Gaz how the Resisty abandoned Lard Nar, and how they may come to Earth and try to kill him (like how Red tried to kill Zim). He also told the two humans how Purple is sending in a small fleet of battle cruisers to keep an eye out for any unidentified ships that enter the solar system. 

They all agreed that Zim should keep a watchful eye on the Vortian, considering he's in great danger. 

Lard Nar, former leader of the Resisty, now under the protection of the Irken Empire. 

First he was seriously injured by Tak, then he was abandoned by his own resistance, the VERY same resistance that HE created. 

Speaking of....

Zim eyed the Vortian, concerned about Lard Nar. 

The said Vortian was laying on the sofa, covered with a layer if multiple blankets and pillows. He was laying there, staring blankly at the TV, watching a show that looked boring.

"Sooo....uh...Lard Nar....you've been laying there the whole day?" asked Zim, cocking his head to the side and raising an eyebrow. 

The Vortian just nodded, not bothering to say anything. 

Zim sigh and took his wig and contacts off, placing them on the small table beside the sofa. 

"Listen, Lard Nar, Zim has been through the same thing as you. Zim has felt the pain of rejection of his kind...uh....well in your case it's your own crew, but that's besides the point! What Zim is TRYING to say is this. Do NOT let that pain get to you. They chose to abandon you, they chose to have a new leader, but most importantly, they CHOSE to get rid of the BEST resistance leader that the Resisty could EVER hope for" said Zim, glaring that the Vortian covered in blankets and pillows. 

Lard Nar looked up at Zim, a little shocked by what he said. 

"Listen, you were a good leader. You CARED about your crew members. The same thing happened to me, twice even! But I rebounded both times, almost died, and here I am now. A respected Irken who is now an actual Invader. I may be just a prototype and almost killed all of Irk because former Tallest Red had my Irken Invader Prototype Programing activated. If it weren't for the help of my friends, then I would probably be taking over planets right now, killing off innocent beings. Somehow, for some reason, everything seems to work out in the end for me. No matter what happens, the universe wants me to be alive" said Zim, looking at the Vortian who was now paying attention to what he was saying. 

"That is because I will NOT let that happen. Not while my programing is running, and believe me, Tallest Miyuki had my programing installed and programed so it wouldn't shut off, get deleted, or corrupted. You're stuck with me my Little Star" said Hologram Miyuki, the three spots on Zim's PAK blinking blue. 

Zim rolled his ruby eyes and chuckled. 

"Yes, yes. Zim knows" said Zim. 

"Listen Lard Nar, Zim is correct. You mustn't let them see that they have gotten to you. If they want to come and kill you, they can try. You are under the protection of the Irken Empire, and if we need to hold a court hearing on Irk with the universe's more influential planets, then so be it. Even your home planet, Vort, is willing to stand beside you and protect you if needed" said Hologram Miyuki. 

Lard Nar started feeling better about himself, so he uncovered himself from the blankets, revealing he was wearing his hoodie that Zim had given him as a disguise. 

Sitting up, Lard Nar smiled in gratitude at the Irken, happy to hear that someone was willing to help him in his time of need. 

Suddenly, the TV flashed to a black screen with the Irken Invader symbol in the center.