Ch.25

Zim was standing in front of Lard Nar, teaching the Vortian about Earth and what to do.

"You're gonna need a disguise if you wanna go out. I don't know how we're going to hide your horns, but you can honestly just walk around and say you have a skin condition and your legs are horribly distorted. These humans are all idiots anyway. The only TWO humans who were smart enough to see through my disguise are Dib and Gaz. Those were the two humans you saw when the Escort ship dropped you off last night" explained Zim.

Lard Nar just nodded in understanding, even though he was having a hard time following.

"Now then, as for a disguise, we shall work on it later. Vortian horns are flexible, correct?" asked Zim, stepping over and flicking one of Lard Nars horns. The horn proceeded to move a little, twitching before coming to a stop again.

Zim then grabbed the horn and twisted it, letting it go, and watched as it un-twisted, going back to its original position.

Lard Nar growling in annoyance.

Why was he letting an IRKEN touch his horns!?

Lard Nar slapped Zims hand away as the Irken raised his hand to examine the horns.

Zim drew back, scowling, but stepped back from the Vortian. It was understandable why Lard Nar was so defensive. He was going to be living in Zim's base for who knows how long with THREE Irkens.

Lard Nar is the only Vortian, and with what happened to Vortians back when their planet had been taken over, the gray Vortian would feel threatened and defensive over personal space.

"Now then, you might be able to wear a hat or wig if you wish, but most likely a hat. You could also say your goggles are prescription and you need them to see. You'll also have to wear something else, but I've been wearing my Irken Invader uniform ever since I arrived on Earth, so you don't have to change if you don't want to, but it's better to just change. It'll make you look more 'human'" explained Zim.

Lard Nar eyed the Irken warily, puzzled.

"So, why aren't you wearing it now?" asked Lard Nar. He had noticed the Irken had changed into something else, and was curious as to why the proud Irken he once knew would change clothes.

"It's a long story I wish not to talk about at the moment, but I will tell you this. I burned my uniform when I was told I was a defect. I did not wish to be killed wearing an Invader uniform because I was never an Invader in the first place. But that all changed when Tallest Purple sent Red to Moo-Ping 10. Now, I am a respected Irken Invader and was reprogrammed as one too" said Zim, not looking at the Vortian as he explained what had happened.

Lard Nar cocked his head to the side.

"And why's that?" he asked, curious.

Zim sigh, wishing not to talk about it right now.

"My PAK is a prototype created by Tallest Miyuki and your brother, Prisoner-777. After Tallest Purple discovered this, he had me reprogrammed as an Invader with a blue star in the center of the symbol. Now, if we are now done with this discussion, let's talk about filthy Earth humans and their culture" said Zim, scowling as he turned his head slightly to glare at the Vortian.

Lard Nar felt a twinge of fear when the Irken in front of him glared at him with a hateful look in his ruby eyes.

Time Skip

Zim had told Lard Nar about Earth and humans.

From what he could understand, human food is bad for aliens. Zim proceeded to prove his point by tossing a piece of ham at Lard Nar. Lard Nar didn't know what to expect, but he was quite shocked and had started screaming when the piece of ham started burning his skin, causing it to blister.