Modern AU

I personally wanted to do one like this for some time now, so I decided to mix it in😁
I'll use more of their characters personalleties then the situation, add and change. Hopefully I'll keep this little series of one-shots up.

Just to make the ages clear:
Mare: 17, eleventh grade.
Kilorn: 17, eleventh grade.
Maven: 17, eleventh grade.
Evangeline: 17, eleventh grade.
Cal: 18, senior.
Shade: 18, senior.
Farley: 18, senior.

Mare's pov:

I walk down the hallway, Kilorn by my side, as usual. It's the first day for both of us, and I'm not going to lie, I am nervous, but at least I won't be new alone.

I look down, picking at my outfit. Black running shoes, black tights, a purple blouse and earrings. Nothing compared to these fancy silvers. Though Not everyone here is a silver. Some are reds, and even they usually aren't better than the other punkasses. We should've been in the public, normal school for kids in our status, but since my dad had contact with a soldier who is somehow relevant to this place, we got here. For free.

And yet, Bree and Tramy went to the other school, because the soldier agreed only after our father's injury. So me, Shade, and Kilorn are now here.

I'm not sure what's the difference between us and the silvers, besides the blood colour, but a few centuries ago, when they were new, they were thought to be gods, have powers, and all this magical shit. But it was all discovered to be fake, and things started to improve again. But even though no one is hurting reds anymore, I'm still poor. One more helpless rat.

So I don't pay much attention when I slump down, throwing my bag next to me. Kilorn follows and rest his head on the table, already dozing. I loudly snort at him, and the girls in front of me turn around, eyeing me with matching sneers.

One has red hair and pale skin, and she's obviously silver. The other one wears silver and black clothes, her expertedly dyed silver hair pulled back in a complicated braid. If any look could have screamed silver brat, this is the one.

The girl's gaze doesn't waver and her sneer only deepens, if it's possible. I hate her already. She looks like the type of people who would laugh at souls in pain.

Don't get yourself enemies before school even started, I think to myself. Farley told me these kids are smug and mean. Don't get annoyed so quickly, Mare. She said. They're all smartasses, and you can't change them. Focus on Kilorn, learning, don't let them get to you.

I'm spared by the teacher who cames in. I kick Kilorn to wake him up, and he blinks around, before going back to sleep. I don't bother trying again, since I'm not in the mood for a fight, and I don't want the teacher or the students, including the sneering girls attention on me, and somehow mess up my chance. Maybe in this school I'll have proper aducation and will find a job with a good pay, so I won't stay poor forever. Maybe.

I don't listen to the teacher, Ms. Blonos unyielding muttering, fiddling with my phone instead and going through the names and pictures of the students in class. I look at the photos of the girls from before. Elane Haven and Evangeline Samos. I curse them in my head, wishing I had real powers like the fake ones the silvers claim. Fire, water, super human strength. Though I think lightning is the best of all. It has so many uses, and it is certainly painful. The more painful the merrier.