Red Queen tag

Thanks for -FoxInABox- for tagging me! This tag, I also spilled a lot of ideas and concepts I thought about. Tell me what you thought.
Hope you'll enjoy 😊

1. Mare Barrow. Is it weird that I think she's underrated? Her development and determination aren't talked about enough, also she's a fellow Slytherin 💚

2. Cal, obviously.

3. I love King's Cage because of Marecal (the epilogue isn't real), even though I skip most of the book. The pacing in Red Queen was better, and there was more going on, probably because Mare wasn't a prisoner most of the book. Really conflicted here.

4. Scarlet Guard, I guess.

5. I think I would've been a silver., because I want an ability. I fully support equality though, but my dream is having magic or some sort of powers.

6. Samos. Gay rights. Also Evangeline is a bitch and I love her.

7. Singer, whisper, I love the concept of mind control, that was always my fave. If it's newblood abilities, then electricon.

8. Samson deserves death. Larentia is awful as well.

9. The only sort of complex villain is Maven, but I don't even like him a little..? He falls into a trope I don't like.
I think Iris was such a wasted opportunity and deserved better.

I remember imagining Mare, Evangeline and Iris working together as this powerful cunning trio who fought against the Calores. Their conflicting desires clashing would've been interesting, like Mare wanting Cal alive and reds free, Iris wanting to conquer Norta and Evangeline plotting to run away from her parents.

Iris was such an intriguing character in King's Cage and I wanted her interacting with other main female characters.

Or, she'd be a villain with gray morality who's loyal and clever. I wanted her to infiltrate Maven's court and reign over Norta and the Lakelands with her mother and sister. Make silver actively tie to her side instead of the Calores.

She could've easily done it, and Cal would have been forced to give up his crown earlier (halfway into WS at most) because the Lakelands offered better things for the silvers than him.

Then, Mare and Cal could've talked of their issues, things they pushed away: their fight in GS, their place in the rebellion, their future. Maybe if Cal had a definite position in the Scarlet Guard, he would've been more reluctant about leaving. I wanted to actually see them mend back together over the course of the book.

Maven will be executed on the first third of the book. His inevitable death dragged on for too long. I wanted Iris to have his head spiked or something brutal, not Mare using a envelope opener.

10. Marecal is my life and their weakness was that they didn't hold enough conversations about themselves and things that happened. If they communicated better, they wouldn't have crashed so hard.

11. It's a tie between "the truth is what I make out to be, I can set this world on fire and call it rain," and "dimly, I wondered if I'll die without eyebrows."

I also have a little update for you:

I've submitted plenty of my questions, and you can submit them too!

Also, would you want to comment or send me your opinions/unpopular opinions? I'm in the mood for discussions 💜