Modern AU 4

Finally! This one has been sitting in my writings for a month and a half!
Hope you'll enjoy 😁

Maven's pov:

"Shut up already!" I groan, Thomas still laughing from the wildly inappropriate joke.

Honestly, I sometimes feel like my boyfriend is a high highschool moron. Which he is, besides the high part. He's not that much of an idiot.

Sipping from my tea, I glance at the clock, and nearly choke.

"Is everything okay?" Thomas concerned voice carries through the phone, as I cough the burning liquid out of my lungs.

I clear my throat, keeping his question in the air. "Like I told you 40 minutes ago, I have homework to do!"

"Ok, dummy, have fun."

"Bye b-"

A pile of heavy, useless books falls to the floor, causing a loud thud.

"Shit!" I say, hanging up on an annoying, laughing Thomas.

The door to my room swings open, revealing a worried Cal. He learnt to come check on me since that event happened.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yes, I just dropped a few books," I wave him off. He ignores the dismissal, sitting on my bed. Taking his phone out, Cal starts scrolling down one of his dorky websites. Probably one with some straight-forwards clueless dudes.

I grunt in despair. "History homework are complete flumadiddle."

Cal sighs, throwing his phone to the side and coming behind me, reading the idiotic question.

"Didn't you learnt this in eighth grade?" He asks.

I elbow his shoulder. "You only say it because you don't remember the answer."

"Just open your damn book, everything's written in it." Cal crucks his knuckles. "And if I'll tell you, you wouldn't learn anything."

"Nonsense," I mutter, opening the book.

His phone pings loudly, and I turn around sharply, frowning at him to tone it down. He ignores my face, reading whatever it was. But really, couldn't he turn down the volume a bit? Why does someone need such a strong beep?

"There's a party tomorrow," Cal informs me.

"Already?" I sigh. "School started today!"

My brother glared at me. "The Samos parents aren't home at Fridays. Juniors and seniors are invited."

I throw the notebook back into my worn bag, and it hangs halfway through. Cal cringes, probably mourning the wrinkled paper. I could buy a new bag, but I like this one.

He crosses his arms, lying down on the bed. His expression turns oddly thoughtful. Which can only mean one thing.

"Thinking about kicking it with Mare at the party?"

Cal abruptly sits up. "How did you even-"

"-I have my ways," I laugh at his embarrassed face. But my brother isn't an idiot, just popular and good at sports. Cal knows that if he didn't tell me anything, only one person could have possibly said anything.

"Did she tell you about how I stutterd in front of her like an imbecile?" Cal runs his hands through his hair, groaning.

So they interacted before. Makes Mare staring at his abs a bit better. Well, at least he didn't straight up told her of his sexuality without even knowing her. Even though straight people are constantly redianting heterosexual vibes. It's not hard to tell. Especially if my brother already embarrassed himself in front of Mare.

I don't give my brother an answer. And luckily, his extremely annoying loud ping saves me from having to elaborate about how I met her. I saw her in a few of my classes, but we didn't talk.

Cal groans, turning to go back to his room.

"The party's cancelled," he said disappointed.

He closes the door behind him, and I silently thank the gods. I hate the Samos family, and the school is full of idiots I do not wish to spend hours socializing with.

Besides, Thomas's coming on Friday. Since my parents are never home, hosting my boyfriend is a lot easier in my house.

It also makes the house seem... A little less big and lonely.

I've got to say, Thoughts 2 had the most comments ever. So thank you for reading them and giving me feedback.

How are you all doing while staying home? I know it's difficult for me, but how do you cope with this?🙃

Any request, ask or prompt are always welcome 🤗